Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Un"freakin"believable...

I fear there is something wrong with this pregnancy...had a m/c and d&C in January....this is my 2nd pregnancy...

I had my 2nd blood test (48 hours apart) last night.  I called today to find out the results...and my doctors office is closed today.  I tried calling lab and they won't give me results over the phone and I can't leave work to go in person.

I have to wait until Monday to find out if I'm miscarrying or if I'm ok.  I wanted to know and be done with it already....now i have to worry about it all weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Un"freakin"believable...

• Options
    That sucks! ?Are you having any increased cramps or spotting, or are you just worried because of the previous m/c? ?I'm hoping all will turn out well for you. ?Sending tons of healthy sticky dust your way.
  • Options
    That sucks! ?Are you having any increased cramps or spotting, or are you just worried because of the previous m/c? ?I'm hoping all will turn out well for you. ?Sending tons of healthy sticky dust your way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah, That is sucky!  ::stick baby stick dust:: coming your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

well...first + hpt was on 5/21....4 days after I was supposed to start AF.  The second + hpt was on 5/26.  I called doctor that morning to schedule blood test.  (Because of my first mc they want to monitor this pregnancy closer).  I went in for my first blood test and progesterone test that evening (5/26).  I got results on 5/27 that my count was really low (only 245.9 when it should have been between 500-6000).  she said it could also be that I'm possibly only 2-3 weeks along....

The morning of 5/27 I started spotting.  The 2nd blood test was 48 hours after first (5/28).  I called for results today...and I can't get them until monday because of office closing.

I am still spotting today...and it is getting heavier.  No cramps though.  So I want to know if my numbers have doubled or if I am mc again....

I just hate having to wait...grrrrr...

• Options

I'm so sorry you have to wait so long. You are in my prayers and I hope everything is ok.

If I were in your shoes I'd call the lab back and demand to know the results. Freak out on them if you have to!

• Options
    karing2karing2 member
    queen of kings76... I live in your city.  I know that when I was spotting and my Ob was closed they paged the dr. on duty and he schedule another HCG test at the hospital and called back within an hour to let me know the result.  Just an idea.
    BFP #1 April 28, 2009 - miscarriage 5/17/2009
    BFP #2 March 21, 2010 CP 3/28/2010
    BFP # 3 August 1, 2010 baby boy April 7, 2011
    BFP #4 February 9, 2013 missed miscarriage @ 15 weeks on May 1st , 2013.
    fingers crossed BFP #5 10/03/2013 due June 10, 2014. Unplanned C-Section on May 29, 2014. Welcome Grant!
  • Options
    I would do something to get those results.  It's not right for your doctor to order tests that you can't get back for three days under these circumstances.  I hope everything is ok.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    i agree with the other posters... i'm so sorry for what you're going through, and i think it is COMPLETE AND UTTER b.s. that they are making you wait. that's just not right. not only may your body be going through a stressful time, but your emotional/mental health must be stressed out too! if you need to, go to the ER. but i really really hope you wont need to-- that the spotting will stop and you'll feel better soon. best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this.  I went through a similar situation myself about 6 weeks ago.  Had my first ultrasound and looked like my baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks ( I should have been 9 weeks ).  So they took blood that day and had me come back in two days.  They told me they would call me with the result the next day but they never did.  When I called the next day, which was a Friday, they had closed at noon.  The service would not let me speak with the doctor because they did not deem it an emergency.  To me it was ... I was loosing my baby and did not know what to expect. .    Called them back Monday morning and  by the time my doctor actually called me back I had already started spotting so I pretty much had my answer.  The waiting is horrible and I hate how some doctors act like a miscarriage is just all in a normal day. Well I guess it is for them but for us it isn't.   Again I'm so sorry you are going through this !!! {{{BIG HUGS}}}
    5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -> miss m/c discovered on 4/6/09 at 9wks 3 days ( measured 6wks 1day ) m/c on 4/15/09 -> natural m/c on 8/27/09 at 8wks 1 day -> miss m/c discovered on 5/27/10 at 8wks 3 days ( measured 8wks ) m/c on 6/15/10 -> natural m/c on 1/27/11 at 10wks 3days -> natural m/c on 3/12/12 at 7wks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options

kjpam, this sounds exactly like what happened in my case too!  So similar.  It is amazing how common this really is.

Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice!
  • Options

Well...it is Monday. I guess I will wait and see if they call me here soon.  All weekend I had such horrible pains.  At one point I was ready to head to the ER.  The spotting has turned into bleeding so I'm certain this is Miscarriage #2.  Now if the doctors would just call me back and confirm it already.

I thought about calling them this morning...but I already know the inevitable now that I've had to wait all weekend....let them call me with the bad news...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"