St. Louis Babies

Missouri Baptist Hospital.

I had my first baby at St. John's and wasn't crazy about them. I have heard good things about Missouri Baptist. Has anyone else gone here? What did you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Missouri Baptist Hospital.

• That is where  I will be having my baby in the future.  I have a friend who just delivered there and she said they were great.  She loved it.  Now, my one concern she spoke of was all the women where giving different advice and being a new mom she really got confused.  Otherwise, the experience was great.   My opinion, you must find a great doctor and any good doctor is hopefully affiiated with a great hospital or at least a good staff working with his patients.
  • I had DD at St. Joseph's of Kirkwood and the experience was horrible. The nurses were soooo rude to my DH and he wasn't rude at all!

We had DS at MOBap and loved it! The nurses were great, the food was pretty darn good for hospital food and the birthing room was awesome! Now the room we went to afterwards could use some work, but over all, we had a great experience. I recommend it!

• Loading the player...
  • We toured there when I had DS and I wasn't very impressed.  They didn't seem very personal, it had the feel of "have your baby, move to pp, get out".  I then went to St. Joe's and knew that's where I wanted to have DS.  I'm a little sad that they're closing it, but a little excited that my next baby will be born at a brand new hospital (St. Clair's).  I don't think MoBap is a bad hospital, I just preferred the feel of St. Joe's.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I didn't have ds there mostly cuz we have not heard good things about it. One friend said they forced her to put her baby on formula b/c baby was not gaining weight after 2 days of beastfeeding. By 2 days after birth most mother's haven't fully gotten their milk yet bu they would hear none of that and made her formula feed. That is the worst story most of the others just complained about it being impersonal and mediocre.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a couple of friends who delivered there and they all loved it. We had the choice between St. John's, MO Bap, and St. Luke's. We ended up going wtih St. Luke's. I did like MO Bap, but you had to move rooms and you don't have to do that at St. Luke's (unless you end up having to have a c-section). Plus I liked that the nurses at St. Luke's are trained by doulas.
  • I had DS at MoBap and liked it.  My doctor's office was there so I liked that he would be nearby and could get to me easily (turned out he was on vacation when I went into labor, but his partners were able to come by frequently).  All the nurses we had were nice, although I will agree with the PP who said the labor rooms are way nicer than the post partum rooms.  The lactation consultant was also hard to get a hold of and not so helpful, but hopefully there are others there now.  Overall, I liked it, but apparently St John's is where it's at.  They don't call it the Baby Palace on Ballas for nothing!
  • My two choices are St. John's or Missouri Baptist but my doctor is really pushing St. John's.  Why didn't you like St. John's?
  • I loved Mo Bapt.  All of the nurses were FANTASTIC and made my delivery and C/S recovery so much easier.  They really took care of us there.  They never pushed formula on us and helped me get breastfeeding down before we went home. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd pick Mo Bapt over St. John's personally.  St. John's has a high percentage of c-sections...over the national average.  He's not a big fan, but I don't have personal experience at either.  I delivered at St. Joe's in Kirkwood and it was the best experience!  Great small hospital!
  • i had both my babies at mo bap and have no complaints. they were very nice and helped whenever possible. As for supplementing while breast-feeding, that is usually up to your ped based on your baby's weight loss. if that baby has lost well over 10% of their birth weight (average), supplementing would be a good idea to head off jaundice and more weight loss. i had a 9lb 12oz baby and 2 yrs later had a 9lb 13oz baby. neither the nurses or my ped suggested i supplement. not that it is the case in the PP post, just wanted to provide a reason that babies need to be supplemented on occasion. and sometimes things happen that parents don't ask the questions and don't get the right answers. i always encourage parents to ask as many questions as they need. i did move rooms but didn't mind, and i would want to move if i had a vag birth. it isn't always pleasent (smell-wise) after a vag delivery. i have been to many deliveries for my job -  i would have been mortified to have my family come in to my room if there was a odor or smell lingering. TMI ahead - but more than the baby can come out. i know, i kjnow, i said TMI!!! just my 2 cents!
  • I had my DD at MO Bap, he'll be 2 in Sept. I LOVED the Hospital, the Staff, The Nurses, and the Food.

The Nurses took really good care of me and my baby, they supplied us with everything we could have needed and more. They also gave me a coupon $75 off of My Breast Pump just for staying at their Hospital.

I do agree with one of the PP, the only complaint I have is with the Lactation Consultants, they forced formula on my baby as well when I clearly repeatedly told them that I didn't want formula or a bottle, i wanted to nurse, they basically ignored what I wanted and asked me why was I afraid of formula.Crying

But overall I would reccomend MO Bap to anyone. I Loved it!!!Yes

• I had my little boy there and I loved it. They were very nice and accomodating to me and my family's needs. The only complaint I would have is that I felt that the Lactation Consultants were very ruff with my newborn. Other than that MO Bap is a very good hospital!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"