Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Back to the flipping drawing board

I switched practices and officially ended it with my anti-VBAC OB after I met with new practices (Craig Ranch OB/GYN) nurse yesterday. She was all excited and said she couldn't see any reason why I can't try a VBAC.

I met with an OB there today. She was encouraging and supportive of a VBAC until she realized that I have had two c-sections. Now she said the only way they'll let me VBAC there is if I get to the hospital and the baby's practically falling out.

It's too late to be calling around now, but does anyone else know of a doc that would do a VBA2C? I have been told Allen Birthing Center doesn't do them. Or maybe I should just take the hint and resign myself to a definite c-section again?

Re: Back to the flipping drawing board

• Options
    BoizmomBoizmom member

My OB is pro VBAC.  He was incredible when I told him I wanted a VBAC.  His name is Dr. Charles Downey - he's in Richardson (George Bush and Renner).  He delivers at Richardson Regional (awesome hospital - it's so small and quiet) and at Baylor in Garland.  972) 231-9144.

Good luck on your journey to find an accomindating Doctor.  It will be touch since you have had two sections, but definitely give Dr. Downey's office a call.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Gah..I'm so sorry to hear that. ?That's so frustrating. ?I don't have much advice, but I wanted to link you up to this awesome blog. ?She talks alot about VBACs and women's rights. ?Here is one of her more recent posts on the subject.

https://tinyurl.com/ncfxw2?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! I'll check out the doc and the blog!

The biggest pain of it is that I work for a hospital, so if I deliver at a hospital in the organization, my deductible is next to nothing. If the only OB I can find doesn't have privs at one of our hospitals, my out of pocket max is INSANE Stick out tongue

• Options
    check out https://www.ican-online.org/ - and then look for the local chapter - i know they have regular meetings - if anyone can help you find a doctor, they can
  • Options

I've been on their local board for a few months now, and the general response i got the first time I posted there was like if I didn't want a homebirth with a midwife or a doula, then I was in the wrong place.

I think I'm going to try some things as I get closer to start labor on my own (I know walking, sex, swimming... I"m sure there are others) and just hope for the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"