3rd Trimester

Sears for maternity photos?

I got a coupon where you pick 1 pose and for $9.99 you get a 10x13, 8x10, 2 5x7s, 8 wallets and 16 minis.  I really want to get maternity photos taken, but we really don't have the extra cash to spend on something like this. 

I am just wondering first, if they are going to be put off if I just buy this package and second if it is worth me getting the photos done if DH won't be in the photos (he doesn't want to get the photos done). 

Re: Sears for maternity photos?

• A few years back my great aunt was complaining that she didn't have a recent 8x10 of me so I did one of those packages like that.  I don't remember where I got the pictures taken but they did a couple different poses and it was all under $20.  I think yours sounds like a good deal.
  • I would say try it...they have to coupon out so I would think they are expecting people to only get that package. Also I was hesitant to do ours and Im sooo happy I did now, just to have the memories.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sears photos? I would rather have maternity photos taken at one of those booths in the train station where you pay a $1.00 for 4 b/w photos.....
  • imageHeyyRed:
    Sears photos? I would rather have maternity photos taken at one of those booths in the train station where you pay a $1.00 for 4 b/w photos.....

LOL Well at least you didn't make me pee again!

• imageHeyyRed:
    Sears photos? I would rather have maternity photos taken at one of those booths in the train station where you pay a $1.00 for 4 b/w photos.....

WHY are you so RUDE?

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa.

• The other thing I was thinking about doing is calling the lady that did my wedding photos.  Although I really wasn't completely thrilled with my photos and she doesn't print them up, she will put everything on a disk and you can print up your own photos.  She would probably only charge $20-30 for the sitting fee and I can print up what I want.  I just wasn't completely thrilled with my wedding photos, there were a lot taken, but not very many good ones. 
  • As for my real answer- give it a shot if you can't spend much. I haven't had pics done at Sears in a very very long time (I vaguely remember taking pics there with a HS boyfriend?) How good or bad they turn out probably varies from store to store and depending on the photographer. Regardless, they'll be the typical department store studio pics. You won't spend much so if you don't like them, you aren't losing much. GL.
  • imageSuparstarz714:
    The other thing I was thinking about doing is calling the lady that did my wedding photos.  

I've thought about calling the lady that did our e-pics but I think I'm chickening out on maternity pics altogether.... again!!!

• I'm rude yes but my honesty will hopefully prevent Suppastah from ending up with horrendous photos that she will be mortified to find 25 years from now.....

It's an act of mercy I am performing here.

They can't light for shiit at Sears. I know, my mom subjected me to it as a kid and I'm photogenic! I had to burn the evidence.?

• I wish I would  have had a Red in my life when I was pregnant with Roo, that's all I'm gonna say!
  • I did maternity photos with DS at Sears. They turned out good but I didn't like any of the poses they put me in, only the ones I chose myself. I also did DS's newborn photos there and they turned out great but once again I only liked the poses I chose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom gets family pics so often that we go to Sears a lot because they are so cheap. We've never had a bad experience. They expect people to use the packages, that's how they get business. You probably have to pay the sitting fee though and I'm not sure how much that is... probably like $30.

• I personally would not have maternity photos taken at Sears, but I am a photo snob. ?Our wedding photographer did our maternity photos, and to me, they are worth the extra money.

?

• I am pretty sure the coupon says no sitting fee... But thanks for the input.... I am not sure what I am going to do yet, but I will let you know when I decide...
  • I would just have your husband take some photos. That way you can pick your favorites and print the good ones.

I am not a fan of mall type photos. Sometimes they are cute of kids, but most of the time they just look really forced. I like photojournalism type stuff better. I think it is the whole sheet in the background, fake flower thing. Reminds me of elementary school picture day.

• Jenny3Jenny3 member

I personally wouldn't do it through Sears. First, I think their photos are too staged and their photographers are unprofessional. Second, their studiois are in no way private for those types of photos. Third, I'd much prefer to keep an artist in business vs giving money to another huge corporation. And... think of the saying, you get what you pay for! I think you'll end up being disappointed.

Have a friend or you DH take some photos instead and save the money towards professional newborn photos with a photographer.

• A friend with a digital camera on a day outside where it's partly cloudy and you will get great results.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"