Texas Babies

4 mo. wakeful?

Josh has been STTN since about 2.5 months or so. For the past week though, Josh has decided he wants to wakeup once sometimes twice during the night. From what I previously heard about the 4 month wakeful is that babies just wakeup and babble and what not.

Not Josh. He wakes up screaming for a bottle as if we hadn't fed him in years! He goes down pretty easily after he's fed and changed...only to be up again a few hours later. For all you 4 mo+ mamas, is there anything you did that seemed to help during this phase? Did you LO eventually get back into a sleeping pattern?

Re: 4 mo. wakeful?

• ugh, 4-month wake-ful sounds awful!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepkate98:
    ugh, 4-month wake-ful sounds awful!!

It's more frustrating than anything. I make it through the day fine so that's good. I just hate dragging myself out of bed at night.

• Loading the player...
  • K...Luci went thru a pretty rough 4 mo growth spurt and then the 4mo wakeful.  When Luci wasn't hungry she would get up and babble and then I'd have to help her back to sleep.  She would get up anywhere from 1-4 times a night.  It was frustrating if anything like you said.  Luci was back to STTN around 5 months.  We are in the midst of a good 6mo growth spurt.  She's eating like a hoss.

When are you guys starting solids?  6mo?  We waited until 5mo and even then she didn't want anything until 5.5 months.

• imageMrsGladney:

4 mo growth spurt and then the 4mo wakeful. ?

Yup - the dreaded "wakeful" consists of a growth spurt as well! =( ?

Have you tried adding another ounce to his daytime bottles? ?Sarah has not gone back to STTN since her "wakeful", and I am pretty sure it is because I need to up the amount of her daycare bottles - I am just so burnt out on pumping!?

I think I am going to start supplementing by sending formula to daycare and?continuing to nurse when she is with me. ?I only planned on BFing for 6 months, but I think I will continue the full year if I can nix the pumping part and still be able to nurse at home.

• imagedawnzer:
    imageMrsGladney:

4 mo growth spurt and then the 4mo wakeful.  

Yup - the dreaded "wakeful" consists of a growth spurt as well! =(  

Have you tried adding another ounce to his daytime bottles?  Sarah has not gone back to STTN since her "wakeful", and I am pretty sure it is because I need to up the amount of her daycare bottles - I am just so burnt out on pumping! 

I think I am going to start supplementing by sending formula to daycare and continuing to nurse when she is with me.  I only planned on BFing for 6 months, but I think I will continue the full year if I can nix the pumping part and still be able to nurse at home.

I don't think he's ever actually stopped having a growth spurt....its been one big growth blur! Josh is already doing 8 oz bottles every 2-3 hours and gets a little cereal at night too. Oh well, guess we'll just have to roll with the punches.
  • image*GregsGirl*:
    imagedawnzer:
    imageMrsGladney:

4 mo growth spurt and then the 4mo wakeful. ?

Yup - the dreaded "wakeful" consists of a growth spurt as well! =( ?

Have you tried adding another ounce to his daytime bottles? ?Sarah has not gone back to STTN since her "wakeful", and I am pretty sure it is because I need to up the amount of her daycare bottles - I am just so burnt out on pumping!?

I think I am going to start supplementing by sending formula to daycare and?continuing to nurse when she is with me. ?I only planned on BFing for 6 months, but I think I will continue the full year if I can nix the pumping part and still be able to nurse at home.

I don't think he's ever actually stopped having a growth spurt....its been one big growth blur! Josh is already doing 8 oz bottles every 2-3 hours and gets a little cereal at night too. Oh well, guess we'll just have to roll with the punches.

And such cute cheekys! =)?

• image*GregsGirl*:
    imagedawnzer:
    imageMrsGladney:

4 mo growth spurt and then the 4mo wakeful.  

Yup - the dreaded "wakeful" consists of a growth spurt as well! =(  

Have you tried adding another ounce to his daytime bottles?  Sarah has not gone back to STTN since her "wakeful", and I am pretty sure it is because I need to up the amount of her daycare bottles - I am just so burnt out on pumping! 

I think I am going to start supplementing by sending formula to daycare and continuing to nurse when she is with me.  I only planned on BFing for 6 months, but I think I will continue the full year if I can nix the pumping part and still be able to nurse at home.

Sounds like Joshua is doing GREAT!!!!  I hope he gets back to sleep soon. I know how frustrating it was.  Just remember the sleeping gets better.  At least for us it did around 6mo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"