Texas Babies

The closest to STTN we've gotten...

So last night, I tried to get James down by putting him belly-down on my chest and patting his back, then by rocking him, then by nursing him.  Nothing seemed to work.  About 1:15am, I was still working at getting him down and decided to try swaddling again as a last ditch effort.  So I used the two-blanket method so he couldn't wriggle out of it and rocked him.  He finally closed his eyes and drifted off!  I was able to put him down by 1:30am.  He slept until 7am!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The closest to STTN we've gotten...

• YAY!  I'm glad that the two blanket method worked for you.
  • That's great!  Hope tonight is the same!

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome Kate! I'm dying for like a 4 hour stretch of sleep. Audrey likes to wake us up every 2 hours on the dot!
  • Last night was ok.  Didn't get as long a stretch, but we got enough sleep. :)
  • Go James Go! Sleep little baby!

Erin-- "This will get better, this won't be forever" was the mantra that got me though my first few weeks. I just had to keep telling myself that eventually, he would getting better at sleeping and napping. I'm sure you're doing a great job with Audrey!

• He slept from 11:30pm to 5am last night!  Woo hoo!
  • YAY!  Isabella slept from 10-7....WOW.....of course she barely slept at all during the day yesterday, so I'm assuming she was making up for it! LOL
  • Yay Isabella!  The only thing about STTN is that I woke up  painfully engorged and I had leaked through the pad and my shirt and bra were soaked on one side.  :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"