Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If your DC had a fever after MMR...

...when did they get it? My pedi said it could happen up to two weeks after the vaccination. DS has a fever tonight, and we're a week past his MMR so I was just curious what other's experiences were. TIA.

Re: If your DC had a fever after MMR...

• fever 8 days post vaccine. And then, she broke out into the measles-like rash a few days after that: 12 days post-vaccine. It may well be related to the vaccine. If so, be prepared for a cranky kiddo for the next few days...maybe longer. (sorry!!!)
  • imagejessicasuzann:
    fever 8 days post vaccine. And then, she broke out into the measles-like rash a few days after that: 12 days post-vaccine. It may well be related to the vaccine. If so, be prepared for a cranky kiddo for the next few days...maybe longer. (sorry!!!)

Oh, please don't appologize! It actually makes me feel better because DS has been a basket case for the past two days and I'm certain it's just that he doesn't feel well. Did you medicate DD at all for the fever, if you don't mind my asking?

• Loading the player...
  • Her fever reached 103.7 at its highest, so yes I did give her Motrin for that. I gave her Tylenol for a few days afterward, too, since she seemed so uncomfortable. When she broke out into the rash, my pedi said it was likely she was experiencing muscle and joint aches too, since that is another common reaction (when a child has a reaction, that is.) But do whatever you are comfortable with, of course.
  • My DS got his MMR shot last Tuesday, and has a fever tonight too - I'm thinking his fever is also related to the vaccination.  We gave him some tylenol before bed tonight, and he is resting comfortably now.  He has no other symptoms yet.  Hope your little guy feels better soon!
  • dd had shot today...  crossing our fingers that we don't have any problems...  none so far, not even crankiness... 
  • He got his about 10 days after.
  • 9 days after a fever and rash to follow ! FuN Times
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"