Parenting
Options

Cousin's in the same Kindergarten class-good idea??

Kaitlyn and my nephew (my brother's DS) may be in the same kindergarten class this next year.  They are extremly close.  My issue is my nephew is a trouble maker and Kaitlyn is a follower.  I just have a feeling they may get in a lot of trouble or maybe she can break away from her shyness.  There is only 1 kindergarten teacher, there is a morning and an afternoon class.  WWYD, request that she not be in the same class as him, or just see what happens? 

Re: Cousin's in the same Kindergarten class-good idea??

• Options
    I would probably request a different class. It sounds like they spend time together outside of school and could use the introduction to other kids.
  • Options
    They actually only see each other on holidays and b-days.  We live about 1 mile from my brother, but they are always "too busy" to get together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does the school know they are related? Back in the day (olden days) the school i went to would not put relatives in the same class. When I went to Kindergarten I wanted my cousin in my class so bad but they put her in the afternoon (her mom didn't care) so for every class after (until junior high) we were in different class rooms. I was so bummed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"