Adoption

MY TURN - help me PLEASE!

DH and I were not planning to go 'active' with our agency until May 25. I just received a call for a baby boy born a few days ago in a near by state. The BM has already left hospital and wants nothing more to do with the 'situation'.

Did I say we weren't even thinking about calls like this until May 25.

I feel VERY UNPREPARED! I had planned to interview pediatricians over the next few weeks. I planned to make a list of everything I need to pack, take with me, every one I should call.

If you have already created a 'preparedness' list - please email it to me or post it. jackandbrandy@yahoo.com

I'm waiting for the SW to contact me back with additional medical and other history but as of now it sounds like a match.

Oh and did I mention I can't reach my husband? We had planned to make special ring tones for each other so that he would know my call was 'important' ... yeah ... he's in NYC and not answering ...

sincerely,

freakingoutjerseygirl

Re: MY TURN - help me PLEASE!

• Wow! This might be it!?

Deep breaths, deep breaths! ?

• OMG this is amazing......ok ok breathe..........now scream and jump up and down.......this could really be it and you could still go active in may...for another!!  Don't worry about being prepared everything will fall into place if it is meant to be......oh wow I am soo excited for you...let me know asap....and all I can say about not being able to get ahold of DH...MEN~
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDAT1205:
    OMG this is amazing......ok ok breathe..........now scream and jump up and down.......this could really be it and you could still go active in may...for another!!  Don't worry about being prepared everything will fall into place if it is meant to be......oh wow I am soo excited for you...let me know asap....and all I can say about not being able to get ahold of DH...MEN~

Lol. This!

• OMG!!! Okay, now relax. :-) I would wait until you got more info to completely freak out, but this is really exciting! I have no plan of action for ya, but I hope everyone calls you back soon!!!!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • What everyone else said...just remember that a list of "things" doesnt really matter much. One trip to Babies R Us for basics like a infant car seat and a pack N play would be all you need. The hospital would likely give you what you need for the first few days at least (the loaded us up with preemie formula, diapers, etc,). If this is meant to be - then YAY!!! Everything will be OKAY.

with that said **HAPPY DANCE!!**

• I'm sure you're totally overwhelmed right now, but I am so excited for you!  Wow! Sometimes good things happen FAST which in this world of IF/Adoption is always amazing news to hear! 
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Holy Moly this board has been busy....Just remember....Babies need food, diapers (you have cloth if I remember right), car seat.  The rest can be done later. I would call friends with kids for a Dr.

Congrats!!!

• Woowza!!!  That's so exciting.  :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Oh My!!!!

Details as soon as it's reasonably possible, please!!!

So excited for you!!!!

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Okay. I've taken a breath. My husband called FINALLY. I ate some bacon (that solves everything).

Good news is that it is a neighboring state and the baby is at about 7 hours away, which means we could stay at a hotel right up against the border which would be about 40 min from our home.

I am CDing and I have BG 3.0s but I hadn't ordered the newborn kissluvs yet! UGH! Maybe the baby will have chubby legs and the BGs will fit.

For being such a controlling, organized, always prepared person - I messed up this one!

Now that I'm thinking more rationally. I sincerely hope this is not a 'drill/false labor' ... there is a chance it could be. GLARES AT THE PHONE ... come on SW call me .... call me ... I feel like one of those people one tv who wants to pick up the phone to make sure there is a dial tone and it is working.

• OMG you are right BACON does solve everything...hahahahahha hang in there kid you are doing great!!!Wink
  • OMG you are right BACON does solve everything...hahahahahha hang in there kid you are doing great!!!Wink
  • I can't help with a list, but I am very excited for you and hope this is it. Good luck and I hope you reach your DH soon.
  • I am so excited for you. I am sorry that I couldn't be more helpful to you with the list though
  • Okay, Jacks, STOP!

Now...what's the worst that came come of being "unprepared?"

You have to run out at midnight for something?  Check, that's normal for any first-time parent.

You feel rushed and harried?  Check, that's normal for any first-time parent.

You don't know what to do first/next?  Check, that's normal for any first-time parent.

You are overwhelmed?  Check, that's normal for any first-time parent.

See where I'm going with this?  No matter what, things would have been crazy.  You'll just be a little more harried than most, but think of it as a way of finding out what's essential and what's fluff.  You won't have to spend on a lot of stuff you'll never use.  Now, just think about how blessed you are not to have a long wait, and START PLANNING!

What's first?  As someone said, ask a friend for a doctor recommendation.  Do you have a car seat?  Don't worry about formula/bottles just yet, you may want to find out what he's using now first.  A few burp clothes, some clothes, and a place for the baby to sleep, and you are on your way!

I'm so hoping this is it for you!  How exciting!  BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

• EEEEKKKKKK!!!!  I dont have anything else to add that the girls have not already said.  Just breath and enjoy this moment.  Also take a nap on the drive...you WILL need sleep!!!  ;)  All you need is diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, car seat and a place for baby to sleep....but little one could sleep in a car seat if worse comes to worst.  Oh and maybe a few pieces of clothing.  You can get 90% of those at a grocery store anywhere!  Is it a boy or girl?  Do you know?  EEEEEKKKKK!!!!
  • Uhhh I can read.  ;)  A little boy!  EEEKKKKK have I said that yet?

• OMG OMG!  I'm so excited!!  Keep us posted because now I'm going to be checking the board like a maniac!
  • SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  That is all I have to add that is useful as everyone else has covered the rest.  Except go order your Kissalovs now and while not ideal baby can wear "paper pants" until they arrive!  and while you are getting diaps you can pick up a car seat.  Is your dr a family dr? in which case he/ she can be listed as the dr at least for now until you find one that you really want. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

• There is nothing more incredible than becoming a parent with basically no warning - trust me, I did it! Don't worry about what you don't have ready. Babies really only need food, diapers and lots of love - which you have plenty to give! You'll have time while you're waiting for ICPC to clear to work out a pediatrician and buy a few things. Otherwise just savor every moment of this exciting journey! What a blessing! Congrats!
  • imagefoundmylazybum:

imageDAT1205:
    OMG this is amazing......ok ok breathe..........now scream and jump up and down.......this could really be it and you could still go active in may...for another!!  Don't worry about being prepared everything will fall into place if it is meant to be......oh wow I am soo excited for you...let me know asap....and all I can say about not being able to get ahold of DH...MEN~

Lol. This!

I 3rd this. Just make sure you've got a car seat, some formula, and some diapers. I'm sure that the hospital and SW will even be happy to help you out. 

And YAY! YAY! YAY!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW!!! How exciting! PP's pretty much covered it all, so I have no more sage advice, but I hope everything works out for you and .......remember to BREATHE!!!! Best of Luck!!!  keep us posted, and BTW: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I can NEVER reach my DH when I need him, either....and he's always lurking around when I DON'T need him!!! LOL!!!!

WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is very exciting! ?Who would have thought it could happen so fast! ?I hope everything goes smoothly--or as smoothly as it can for a first time mom!
  • How wonderful!!  You'll be just fine - enjoy and best of luck!
  • That's so great!  I don't know, but I think you're experiencing what every first time mom experiences!  Please keep us posted!
  • EEEEEKKKKKKKK OMG OMG OMGGGGG!!!

Text him! I suck at list so nope I'm no help there; but our match was also unplanned but I'm beleiving that everything is a blessing and well I think this situation is grrrreat!!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!

• I am SO HAPPY for you guys!  Yay!!!!

Congratulations! Big Smile

• I know I'm getting in on this late, but you can be prepared in no time.  We got the call for Ben at 1:00 and left at 5:00 the same day, drove 12 hours and left the hospital with him at 1:00 the next day.  Yes, in 24 hours I was a mommy.  We got some essentials before we left and there was a Wal-Mart 2 minutes from our hotel.

If it feels right to you when you get all the info, then go for it. Newborns do not need very much at all. 

• wow that is so amazing!!!!!
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Don't worry about being "prepared". Trust me there is no way to really be prepared. We went to Target at least one day during our out of town stay.?

As for the cloth diapers, don't worry about that. Holden is 10 days now and still can't wear them because of his circ. The vaseline can not be used on cloth (from what I understand) without messing them up. Plus, while staying in hotel, the last thing we needed were dirty cloth diapers. Sposies weren't that bad for a little bit.

Crossing fingers for you. What's in the water this month? This has been a crazy month for our group. ?

?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"