Trying to Get Pregnant

s/o Kid leashes

So when I was at the mall the other day I saw a mom and grandma with 3 young girls. The mom had all 3 hooked up to various length kid leashes.

I secretly laughed so hard. Those things are effing hysterical. I could see *maybe* using one if I had multiple kids at a super crowded airport or something but even then it's probably not my style.

So what say you GP? yay or nay on the kid leash?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: s/o Kid leashes

• I think the little back pack leashes are cute. My parents used one on us when we went places like Disneyland when we were little.
  • Nay. They are people, not animals.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I say nay, the thought of them cracks me up as well. Then again I could get one that works on my dog and the kid at the same time... but what if my dog pees on my kid?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Those things crack me up.  I think I will do the hand-holding tactic myself, unless I have a gaggle of kids.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's really not a bad idea, but it just looks so horribly wrong IMO!
  • I would never use them.  They make me feel like people think their kids are the same as pets...lol.  However I am sure some people love them and for them they work...they just aren't for me.

• nay for me.  Now if I were Kate Gosslin I would use them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsDTMrsDT member
    absolutely not, no way. They aren't dogs.
  • They are weird. I have to use them with my babies at work, but you will never catch me with one when I have kids. Ever. Learn to control your kids, or don't take them out in massive crowds.
  • imagelyse2143:
    Nay. They are people, not animals.

So what you're saying is if I have 4 kids, it's not ok to rig up a harness and have them pull me around the mall?

• Nay. I might get one for DH though lol.
    Lapband wife wanting a baby since 2008. 162lbs lost...30 more to go.
  • Nope. I think it's too "walking my dog" then "out with my child". Though I did see a "cute" back pack one at the airport when I was traveling last month.?

But I wouldn't use them?

• I would totally use it in an airport or other similar situation. Losing a kid scares the sh!t out of me. When I was little I got separated from my mom in the grocery store and was traumatized pretty bad.
  • I can see the good in using them, for safety or whatevs, but totally NMS.

?

• imagechristykell:

imagelyse2143:

So what you're saying is if I have 4 kids, it's not ok to rig up a harness and have them pull me around the mall?

LOL!
  • imageAbc15379:
    They are weird. I have to use them with my babies at work, but you will never catch me with one when I have kids. Ever. Learn to control your kids, or don't take them out in massive crowds.

So now I'm curious. How many do you hook up at one time?

• imagechristykell:

imagelyse2143:

lmao!

• imagecorgidogs:
    I think the little back pack leashes are cute. My parents used one on us when we went places like Disneyland when we were little.

I don't mind the ones that are backpacks for some reason? I saw a really cute monkey one at the mall during christmas time on a little guy. I know my mom used one that was sprial plastic and went to her wrist and my little sisters wrist when we went away on vacation one time haha. I don't know if I'd use them, but I don't think they are awful. Exp the back pack ones

• Honestly? I love the idea of letting them have one of those backpack leashes so they have some extra freedom while still being safe. However, I know they are frowned upon and DH hates the idea, so I probably won't have one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLexi0402:
    imagechristykell:

imagelyse2143:

LOL!

No, but I do plan to hook my kids up to my sled so they can pull me around when it snows! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have one friend who used to be a leash kid. She has really bad boundaries with people today. My DH theorizes that the leash stopped her from naturally learning about healthy boundaries. I am not sure if I agree, but I say "free the leash kids!!!!"
  • imageRhonie82:
    Nay. I might get one for DH though lol.

LOL.  Now that you mention it, I lose my DH in the grocery store every freaking time he comes with me.  The leash would be mighty handy.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I see the temptation for the kid leash, but I won't do it.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• imageWordsmith226:

::laughing so hard::

All I can see is Mike Meyers as Phillip, the overly hyper kid that is tied to the jungle-gym

image?

Mom says I can't have chocolate!

Love this!

Apparently my mom used to leash me to my stroller (I guess it didn't have straps?) and she used to get a lot of weird looks - but she says I kept jumping out onto my head. Explains a lot...?

• imagechristykell:

imageAbc15379:
    They are weird. I have to use them with my babies at work, but you will never catch me with one when I have kids. Ever. Learn to control your kids, or don't take them out in massive crowds.

Weeelll. Our ratio is 1:5, so when we go on a walk, one teacher can either have 4 kids in a buggy, and one on a leash OR FIVE KIDS ON LEASHES. Now, this is only reserved for A. Kids who are SUPER good at walking, and B. Teachers who are SUPER good at being patient. I rarely find access to either A or B, so I usually go with the buggy/leash combo.
  • imagechristykell:

imagelyse2143:

Well not in public anyway

• imageGreekyPie:
    I would totally use it in an airport or other similar situation. Losing a kid scares the sh!t out of me. When I was little I got separated from my mom in the grocery store and was traumatized pretty bad.

This happened to me too. It was not a good experience. 

• Come on dasher and dancer and donner and vixen...

LMAO.

I am sure I was a leash kid. Mind you, that was so long ago they were probably also smoking in the delivery room.

• Since I take my DH out like this:

?

Then it is obvious that when I have kids they will be leashed too!?

Photobucket
  • imageAbc15379:
    imagechristykell:

imageAbc15379:

Weeelll. Our ratio is 1:5, so when we go on a walk, one teacher can either have 4 kids in a buggy, and one on a leash OR FIVE KIDS ON LEASHES. Now, this is only reserved for A. Kids who are SUPER good at walking, and B. Teachers who are SUPER good at being patient. I rarely find access to either A or B, so I usually go with the buggy/leash combo.

Holy shiit. Five kids on leashes? That's a damn sled team right there. You should start conditioning them and then petition the Iditarod for a special entry.

• Oh, and by buggy, I mean this:

Not this:

• imageCathyMD:

Come on dasher and dancer and donner and vixen...

LMAO.

I am sure I was a leash kid. Mind you, that was so long ago they were probably also smoking in the delivery room.

And telling moms to have a martini to "relax" during labor

• I don't judge ppl for using them... to each their own. However, I won't use them. DD is super hyper but never even thought to use one on her. I just can't put my child on a leash.
  • imageLexi0402:
    imagechristykell:

imagelyse2143:

LOL!

Me tooo! Christykell, your comment makes me LMAO! I can totally visualize this...with them pulling you on a little sleigh or something...haha

• imageMissMcCauley:

Since I take my DH out like this:

Then it is obvious that when I have kids they will be leashed too! 

Well hello there you sexy thing!!!

• imagechristykell:
    imageCathyMD:

Come on dasher and dancer and donner and vixen...

LMAO.

And telling moms to have a martini to "relax" during labor

Yep. And using the side of the bed to bang the bottle caps off the beer for the dads

(no twist back then).

• imageLina1123:
    I don't judge ppl for using them... to each their own. However, I won't use them. DD is super hyper but never even thought to use one on her. I just can't put my child on a leash.

Oh I judge. I definitely judge.

• imagelyse2143:
    imageMissMcCauley:

Since I take my DH out like this:

?

Then it is obvious that when I have kids they will be leashed too!?

Well hello there you sexy thing!!!

Hey there lover!?

Photobucket
  • I love that the "kid leash" post got everyone out of lurk-dom this evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"