Adoption
Options

Waiting after a failed adoption...

Girls who have had a failed adoption...

How long did it take for you to be chosen after a failed adoption?  Its only been three months, but it feels like forever.  June 6 is looming closer every day and I can't stop thinking about that baby and how I could be getting him/her in June.  Somedays I feel like its never going to happen:(  I keep seeing PG women EVERYWHERE and it makes me feel like a huge failure.  I have always been able to achieve my goals, yet this is something that even when we do everything "right" we still have to sit back and wait while everyone around us is enjoying their children.  I'm just in a low place today.

Re: Waiting after a failed adoption...

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  :(  The 3-4 month mark was really hard for me, too.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say I am sorry about your failed match.  : (  I hope a really wonderful, successful match comes along SOON!
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i'm so sorry for your failed match. that is a loss.  i hope that you will be matched very soon with your child!

you are NOT  a failure. i could understand your feelings completely,though.

sending you lots of ((((HUGS))).

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    Huge hugs...We were VERY lucky to be chosen 6 days later...But I swear those were the hardest 6 days of my life...way worse than 5 m/cs... I am so sorry
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    we had a failed match at this time last year the last week of april we were matched again the beginning of june.
  • Options

We had a failed adoption in July 2006 and then did IVF so we are in a little bit of a different situation.  I will say when we decided to adopt again that it was only 2 weeks from the time we updated our home study and told our facilitator we were ready again until we got the call about Ben.

I will be thinking of you as you get closer to the due date of your first match.  I hope you get another match soon.  Hopefully, it will be one where you don't have to wait as long.  We were so relieved that Ben was already born and the papers were signed when we got the call. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Failed match 2/2/09 -- no match yet.  :(  I'm right there with ya girl.  Desperately sad!
  • Options

::points at ticker::  that long.  We had a couple of possibilities one even the day the adoption failed, but that one we were not choosen for and the other we turned down because of the costs. 

I know what you mean though- and I think for me the spring weather is making it worse.  I feel  like I should be out taking walks with our baby not twiddling my thumbs and jumping when the phone rings.  It's also hard because my SIl had a baby right before our failed match and a gf had one right after so we are reminded constantly of where our baby would be. 

I hope we both get a great match very very soon (oh, and everyone else too!)!

• Options
    Its been almost 2 months since our last failed match (it was 4 months between our 1st failed match and our 2nd) and I agree that the wait is killer.  Especially every time I see a baby that would be around Mia's age.  Hopefully we will all get our forever matches soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry for all of you in this situation.  I wish I could make it easier.  One thing I know, this is not in any way, shape, or form an indication of your success or failure.  It's just the path your life must take until you find YOUR child.

Be good to and pamper yourselves, and may all the comfort in the world be yours.

• Options

It's so hard!  The grieving took me awhile - it was much more painful than imagined it would've been.  We ended up getting rematched about three months later and Lily was born just two weeks after that.

Thinking of you guys and sending you all my encouragement and support!

"Our children are not ours because they share our genes... they are ours because we have had the audacity to envision them. That, at the end of the day...or long sleepless night, is how love really works." Adoption Consultant Blog
    Personal Adoption Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"