Georgia Babies
Options

Need rec for dinner by the airport

We are taking grandma to airport this afternoon and would like to eat somewhere down that way.  Any suggestions, trying to avoid eating in the airport.  Thanks!

Re: Need rec for dinner by the airport

• Options
    There are several chain restaurants when you get off the Camp Creek exit off of 285 (Chili's, etc..).  I guess that would be about 10 minutes from the airport.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hands down my favorite place to eat by the airport is Barbecue Kitchen on Virginia Ave.  Here's a link to their reviews:  https://tinyurl.com/de4g48

They have good country cooking (meat loaf, collard greens, etc.).  Dh and I use to eat there all the time.  They are cash only, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kepkep member
    There's always the original CFA Dwarf House ... sooooooo close and soooooo yummy!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options

+1 on the BBQ Kitchen. It's so yummy if you like country cooking! It's fairly inexpensive, too. There are a few healthier options if you don't want the collards and fried okra.

There is also a Spondivits on Virginia Ave. It's mostly seafood. I think there may be a Ruby Tuesdays or an Applebees there as well. 

Mmmm....mac n cheese! corn muffins!

• Options

imagekep:
    There's always the original CFA Dwarf House ... sooooooo close and soooooo yummy!

LOL!

Kep, have you ever thought about applying for a marketing position at CFA?

• Options
    Ehh, I'm not a big fan of BBQ kitchen, but I know I'm in the minority.  Everyone else I know loves it.  My favorite place down here is Manchester Arms- it's mostly pub fare, but they have one of the best burgers in town!  It's right off of Virginia Ave down past BBQ Kitchen a little ways in a little brick house.  They have a great patio if you want to eat outdoors.  Another one of our favorites is The Brake Pad on Main Street in College Park.  Used to be an old gas station.  They've got a great menu and again- nice patio if you want to sit outside. 

• Options

Stay away from Spondivits. They've got a record of serving deadly oysters. I'm not kidding.

In College Park, you might like The Feed Store (a little nicer than normal), Noodle and Manchester Arms isn't bad either. I love their shepherd's pie. Brake Pad is tasty for good burgers. I like their buffalo chicken sandwich.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Spondivits is super yummy.  PSA the oysters were not deadly.  They don't show the real story on the news!!!!  Just the hype before the real details came out. Of course the media does not go back to clear up the facts. Its so yummy and we eat there all the time.  Another good place is Malone's.  They have a great menu.  Hope you have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"