D.C. Area Babies
Options

WP Article...did anyone read this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/22/AR2009042203635.html

This woman was initially not allowed to bring her baby home from the hospital, allegedly for an offhand, drug induced comment about wanting a girl.  Crazy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WP Article...did anyone read this?

• Options
    wow, incredible! poor Mom!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i feel horrible for that woman!
  • Options
    wow...how terrible for her.
  • Options
    It sounds like a strange situation... And, since the hospital can't comment, there's probably more to the story...
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I think that was biased and we're missing information. Being in such a large Metro area the hospital probably sees some pretty bad cases, I doubt they would take such action over one comment and lack of time spent with the infant. Hmmm...
  • Options

Yeah, I would guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but one of the social workers even said that the investigation began because the mom was making comments about wanting a girl. 

I am a family law attorney in Va., and since when an allegation is made, CPS is required to follow up, I've seen a few witch hunts.  Getting the police involved and having them take the child seems a little extreme.  I cannot imagine...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"