Special Needs

Arnold Chiari Malformation

Is anyone familiar with this?  My nephew has this and had surgery when he was 3.  He is doing well now but is on seizure medicine.  We just found out that my sister has it (his mom).  Obviously it is genetic.  Do you think I should request an MRI for myself and my DD or wait to see if symptoms occur.  My sister didnt start to have symptons until she was 38.  I would love to hear input from anyone who has had any experience with this syndrome.  TIA!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers TTC #2 since Sep 09. BFP 08/1/11 Missed MC 9/12/11 D&E 9/14/11 @ 11 weeks (baby measured @ 8 weeks) Clomid 1=BFN Clomid/IUI 2 cycles=BFN Femara/IUI & Progesterone=BFN Femara/IUI on 3/9/12 & Progesterone 2x day=BFP on 3/19/12!! Beta #1 (3/20)=48 Beta #2 (3/22)=153 Beta #3 (3/26)=1207 Beta #4 (3/28)=3313 Beta #5 (3/30)=7682!!! 1st us 4/2/12 5w5d saw heartbeat BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Arnold Chiari Malformation

• I have Chiari 1 Malformation. I found out 3 yrs ago. I kept getting a lot of headaches and I had a MRI done. I have a mild case so no treatments has to be done. My doctor said it was not genetic though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My son has it, but that's because all kids with Spina Bifida has it. From what I know, it doesn't need treatment unless there are things bothering you (headaches, neck pain, sensitive gag reflex, eating problems). I would just read up on the symptoms and keep it in the back of your mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"