Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bump Unofficial Glossary!

Ok So I have too much time on my hands . . . but I'm gonna try to put a link in my siggy for this post and maybe it will help . . . at least it'll be funny!

Most Common Acronyms Official and Unofficial (in alphabetical order):

AE: Alternate Ego

AF: Aunt Flo(w)

AW: Attention Whore

BC(P): Birth Control (Pills)

BF: Breastfed

BFN: Big Fat (F*cking) Negative

BFP: Big Fat (F*cking) Positive

BM: Breast Milk

BSC: Bat Sh*t Crazy

CD: Cloth Diapers/Diapering

CIO: Cry It Out

DC: Dear(est) Child

DD: Dear(est) Daughter 

DD: Dirty Delete(d) if referred to a post/response 

DH: Dear(est) Husband

DS : Dear(est) Son

EBF: Exclusively Breastfed

EFF: Exclusively Formula Fed or Eco Friendly Family (board)

ETA: Edit to The Above

EP: Exclusively Pump

FF: Formula Fed

FFFC: Flame-Free Friday Confession

FFS: For F*cks Sake

FTR: For The Record

F/U: Follow Up

FWIW: For What It?s Worth

GBCN: Good Bye Cruel Nest

GB(Y): God Bless(You)

GTKYFB: Get To Know Your Fellow Bumpie

HTH: Hope That Helps

IDK: I Don't Know

IIRC:  If I Recall Correctly

IHO: In Honor Of

IMO: In My Opinion

IMHO: In My Humble Opinion

IRL: In Real Life

ITA: I Totally Agree

JMHO: Just My Humble Opinion

KTFO: Knocked The F*ck Out

KTFU: Knocked The F*ck Up

KU: Knocked Up   

KWIM: Know What I Mean

LIP: Link In Post

LO: Little One

MUD: Made Up Drama

NBR: Not Baby Related

NFT: No Further Text

NMS: Not My Style

NIP: Nurse In Public

OOT: Out Of Town

OTOH: On The Other Hand

PITA: Pain In The A$$

PIB: Picture In Bio

PIP: Picture In Post

PIS: Picture In Signature (Siggy)

PM: Private Message

PNP: Pack and Play

POAS: Pee On A Stick

POTW: Picture Of The Week

PP: PostPartum or Previous Poster

PPH: Pink Puffy Heart

PH: Puffy Heart

PSA: Public Service Announcement

SAHD: Stay At Home Dad

SAHM: Stay At Home Mom

SFL: Save For Later

SO: Significant Other

S/O: Speaking Of

STD: Short Term Disability

STFU: Shut The F*ck Up

STTN: Sleeping Through The Night

TIA: Thanks In Advance

TMI: Too Much Information

WAHD: Work At Home Dad

WAHM: Work At Home Mom

WDYT: What Do You Think

WOHD: Work Outside Home Dad

WOHM: Work Outside Home Mom

WWYD: What Would You Do

XP: Cross Post

YGM: You've Got Mail

YGPM: You've Got a Private Message

YKWIM: You Know What I Mean

YWIA: You?re Welcome In Advance

Anyone who wants to can copy and paste the following to put a link to this page in their siggy - just remember to remove the stars (***):

<***a href="https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/13543381.aspx">Bump Unofficial Glossary</a>

There are others on the Bump Glossary Page Here! If you don't see what you are looking for!  YWIA

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersJanuary 17, 2009 * 1:44 pm * 9lbs 4.1oz * 22in Bump Unofficial Glossary

Re: Bump Unofficial Glossary!

• That's where you have been this whole time?!?!?!?!?!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol.  how long did that take!
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL Yes and I have no idea. . . . I just started writing them down for fun. . .  and making dh try to figure them out . . .  then i thought oh i should post them it'll just take a minute -  boy was i wrong!  I am a dork!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersJanuary 17, 2009 * 1:44 pm * 9lbs 4.1oz * 22in Bump Unofficial Glossary
  • Nice.

SFL. And I see that was on your list. Good job. =)

• imagebeany14:
    LOL Yes and I have no idea. . . . I just started writing them down for fun. . .  and making dh try to figure them out . . .  then i thought oh i should post them it'll just take a minute -  boy was i wrong!  I am a dork!

you are a wicked loser my dear Stick out tongue

• Thanks - that is helpful!
  • Thank you!  That is helpful....and also quite ironic that Nursing In Public is NIP Stick out tongue
  • lol - there were a few that I had no clue what they meant.. now I do!

See... you helped me!

• thanks
    Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • I'm glad F/u is different than what I thought it was! Now it makes a whole lotta sense! Thanks!!
  • SOOOOO helpful, finally thanks!
  • That is so awesome! I bet someone could right a whole post with those! Will totally put it in my siggy to help others!
  • thank you thank you!!!

after reading and reading... I some how guess some of them... but is soo nice to have them in a list!!

• IIRC:  If I Recall Correctly
  • I recently saw a post about the evolution of "BM"

It starts out as Brides Maid

Then Bowel Movement

And finally Breast Milk.

• THANK YOU!! I've been trying so hard to decipher all the acronyms. A cheat sheet is EXACTLY what I needed!
    BFP 2/14/14, m/c 4/14/14 at 12 wks
    BFP 12/24/11 happy and healthy baby boy!
    BFP 11/23/11, m/c 11/25/11 at 4 wks
    BFP 7/10/09, m/c 7/23/09 at 6 wks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so happy you took the time to update someone like me: lost and confused. The lingo has advance since whenever the last time I've been on here. Thanks!!!
  • I'm glad you did this. I didn't know alot of these symbols
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • so helpful - this is great! :)

but what's OP?

thanks so much!

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageZoebot:

so helpful - this is great! :)

but what's OP?

thanks so much!

OP = Original Post/Poster

PW = Post Whore

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• imageJinglesChic:
    imageZoebot:

so helpful - this is great! :)

but what's OP?

thanks so much!

OP = Original Post/Poster

PW = Post Whore

thanks! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you for this!  I'm not a forum regular so I barely know what TTC means!  Now I can talk like the cool kids!
  • sweet
  • Not sure if this will make you laugh, but I didn't know what f/u meant...and at work with have "monitors" to check to make sure we are following procedures correctly and all our files are in order..they turn out to be a pain for everyone involved and very stressful.  The supervisor for my monitor sent me an email titled "FU for Monitor"  I was a little offended, although I figured she didn't mean it in the way I took it!  It took a few days for me to figure out what the abbr. actually stood for!
  • Thank you! I was reading a post the other day that talked about someone being on or having STD and I thought "Man, I just really wouldn't want anyone to know I had caught something like that!"
  • Two questions.  1) Where can I find the "official" glossary that PP mentioned?  2) What about "This"?  I see people say that in response to a post, but haven't figured out what it actually means.  (I've assumed that it's some form of "I agree with you.")
    Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBBunnyFan1:
    Two questions.  1) Where can I find the "official" glossary that PP mentioned?  2) What about "This"?  I see people say that in response to a post, but haven't figured out what it actually means.  (I've assumed that it's some form of "I agree with you.")
    You are correct. When people post "this" they are saying that they feel or think "this" too.  The Bump Board Glossary is on the bottom left of the page.  Scroll all the way down and under "My Boards" it's the 8th link.
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBBunnyFan1:
    Two questions.  1) Where can I find the "official" glossary that PP mentioned?  2) What about "This"?  I see people say that in response to a post, but haven't figured out what it actually means.  (I've assumed that it's some form of "I agree with you.")
    You are correct. When people post "this" they are saying that they feel or think "this" too.  The Bump Board Glossary is on the bottom left of the page.  Scroll all the way down and under "My Boards" it's the 8th link.
  • I am still not sure what UO thursdays are? I know it's similar to FFFC because of the type of posts in it but what does it stand for?

And also I am so clueless about the 1ht thing?

• imageCam1027:

I am still not sure what UO thursdays are? I know it's similar to FFFC because of the type of posts in it but what does it stand for?

And also I am so clueless about the 1ht thing?

UO stands for Unpopular Opinion

and 1ht is One Hand Typing (because you're nursing or pumping)

• Definitely need this as a reference to reading posts! haha! Now everything makes MUCH more sense! haha
  • Helpful but... what is 'siggy' ppl refer to?
  • I see BDing a lot and figured it out based on context clues..still no idea what it stands for. Help please...
    Me: 34 DH: 38 3/2009: Married 3/2012: Started TTC (Unofficially, because I had 2 sizable fibroids and wasn't sure I could conceive) 5/2012: Miscarried @ 7.5 weeks 6/2012: Diagnosed with two massive fibroids, myo recommend 9/2012: Robotic Myomectomy performed 1/2013: Green light to start TTC 8/2013: HSG, diagnosed with small polyp(s), D&C to remove polyps 9/2013: OB/GYN recommends IUI w/Clomid, Consulted with ND to remedy Estrogen dominance/short luteal phase/fibroid growth 10/2013: Lack of Ovulation due to Progesterone Cream prescribed by ND 11/2013: Cut back PC dosage, actively TTCing now My chronicles: www.reproactivechic.blogspot.com
  • b_echols said:

I see BDing a lot and figured it out based on context clues..still no idea what it stands for. Help please...

Baby dancing I believe.
    Also seen it as "big deed"
    Anniversary

• What does OP stand for?

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• Original post/er
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards