Baby Names
Options

WDYT of this girl name..

Erin Marie?

Siblings are Lucas (Luke) and Samuel (Sam).. do you think it goes well?  Is it out-dated?  Honest thoughts of your 1st impression, please.. TIA!

Re: WDYT of this girl name..

• Options
    I like it. But then again, it's on my list also! (not the mn, just Erin Smile)
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with it, but it lacks something special. It sounds really really plain and a little outdated. I just don't really like it that much. I like Kate better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    While I like the name, it's definitely not a name I would consider. There are a lot of others that I like more. Kate is one of them.?
  • Options
    While it's cute, but there is no wow factor for me with it. I like Erin, but I might pair it with a gorgeous, longer middle name.
    Blank!
  • Options
    I don't think it's dated but it's NMS at all. If memory serves me right Marie means something like bitterness and disappointment. I know not everyone would know that (or care) but I always think of it when I see the name. One of my favorite girls names is Corinne which kinda sorta has a similar sound to Erin.
  • Options
    It's not bad but kinda plain.
  • Options
    Love it!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    it seems simple, almost boring. ?it's definitely not bad, just not... ?ms i guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really like Erin, but I'm not a fan of Marie. I think Erin would sound nice with a longer mn.
  • Options

I think Erin is lovely.  Everyone will know how to say it and spell it but she will not be one of 4 Erins in her class.

I like it because it isn't Emily, Isabelle, Kate, Olivia, Madison, Grace.... It seems every second baby is named one of those names.

• Options

imageleah1615:
    There is nothing wrong with it, but it lacks something special. It sounds really really plain and a little outdated. I just don't really like it that much. I like Kate better.

i totally agree

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    imageamoureux:

I like it because it isn't Emily, Isabelle, Kate, Olivia, Madison, Grace.... It seems every second baby is named one of those names.

Very true! Why is that?! I want my child to be the only child in her/his class with her/his name.?

• Options

imagekegallagh:
    I really like Erin, but I'm not a fan of Marie. I think Erin would sound nice with a longer mn.

ditto.

• Options
    imagetct1219:

imageleah1615:

i totally agree

Me too. I also agree with maybe a longer mn?

• Options
    i think it's pretty, but i'm partial to it as Erin is my name!!  Wink
  • Options

I like Erin, but mn needs to be longer (thinking 3 syllables) and more feminine to avoid the simple/slightly boring potential. Marie is so overused!

Maybe Erin Katherine?

And I like it with the bro's names!

• Options

imageAllThatGlitters101:
    While it's cute, but there is no wow factor for me with it. I like Erin, but I might pair it with a gorgeous, longer middle name.

This.

Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Options

Well, since you said it, I'm going to admit that I think it's outdated.  Makes me think of someone born in the mid- to late-80s.

• Options
    I like it, but it's very "safe" (which is fine, but sort of plain).  I would keep Erin and use a slightly more creative mn.
  • Options
    imageamoureux:

Amen! I love Erin.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Cute!!
  • Options
    I like Erin. Not a fan of Marie unless it is a family name.
  • Options
    Thanks for the honest feedback, ladies!  I probably should have added that Marie IS a family name.. it's my middle name, my mom's middle name, and her mom's middle name.  I do kind of agree though that the combo is too plain.. if I went with Erin, I'm not SET on using Marie.. I could do something more creative. 
  • Options

imageleah1615:

Stole the words right out of my, er, fingers.

• Options
    I love the name Erin Marie. I am partial to it, it is my sisters name and she turned 25 this year. Erin is not a name I heard often growing up.  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"