Texas Babies

4 month wakeful- not an urban legend in our house.

*sigh*?

I believe Elise is smack in the middle of the "4 month wakeful." She normally naps ~4-5 hours a day. Yesterday she napped a grand total of 2 and today 2.5. Also, she's a pretty good sleeper. Don't get me wrong, we are SO far from STTN it's not even funny.... however, she used to wake to eat and would fall right back to sleep w/ no effort from me at all. Now she wakes up and babbles and wants to play. She's not any fussier; just more AWAKE!?

How long does this last??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 month wakeful- not an urban legend in our house.

• Poor thing! ?I don't think you had even recovered from her 3 month growth spurt yet!

From everything I read, they are just super distracted right now since they are actually discovering for the first time that there is a "world" around them. They don't want to miss out on ANYTHING. ?It will gradually get better as the newness wears off. ?Sarah's fav thing right now is to watch other kids play. ?She is absolutely mesmerized by it!?

Oh yeah - and they are supposed to be going through a growth spurt AT.THE.SAME.TIME! ?So not only do they want to eat more, but they are too distracted to eat! ?That may make for more night feedings. ?Fun times.?

• We just left that 4mo wakeful crap.  It is NO myth at all!  Luci's getting better but she wants to be up all the time!  I mean she doesn't want to miss a thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • oh yay - so much to look forward to!!  LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OK, you all don't need to post stuff like this...terrorizing us new mommies!! LOL....I thought things were supposed to "settle down" after the first month or so???  LOL
  • Michelle,  Be prepared for your babygirl to not settle down for a few years :o)

Lauren, she could be just about to learn something new and even if it's the "4mo wakeful period" hopefully it's over soon.  She'll go through so many phases that it'll feel like a big long blur :o)  Kate just started a weird thing where it takes her 2hrs to fall asleep.  Granted she's in her crib the whole time talking to herself but it's still frustrating.

• LOL Michelle, just what I was thinking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"