Infertility

OMG ants IN my coffeemaker!!!!

I am so skeeved out right now. I feel like I have ants crawling all over me.

The other day my husband discovered a few ants in the water resevoir of our Cuisinart Grind & Brew (I only mention the brand b/c it's important to note that it has a lot of parts that are dark and hard to see). 

So tonight I used the vinegar & water treatment to clean the thing. Ants came POURING out of all the little crevices. There weren't any actually in the carafe - it was like they were living in the deep interior. I ran water through at least 4 times - every time more ants came swarming out. I can't do it anymore tonight. I'll have to buy more vinegar tomorrow. 

This is so disgusting. But I am determined to win the war. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG ants IN my coffeemaker!!!!

• OMG I just gagged. Go buy a new one!!!! Maybe they layed eggs in there! Made it their anthouse!!!!
  • We're waging war against them here, too!!  The other day, I came downstairs and there were so many ants in the cat food, it looked like the food was moving!! (lesson learned--don't put cat food by front door)  Since then, we've been spraying frequently.  I don't know, though, I think the coffee pot would be much worse!
  • Loading the player...
  • eeeek!  I would have freaked out too!! whats the vinegar solution..I heard it on TV before but never paid attention.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMaybeBabyTime:
    eeeek!  I would have freaked out too!! whats the vinegar solution..I heard it on TV before but never paid attention.

basically you pour a mixture of water and white vinegar into the water reservoir and then turn the machine on to let the water percolate through. Then you do another cycle or two of just fresh cold water to clean out the vinegar. It usually works pretty well to remove build-up. 

I'm planning on doing the treatment every night this week, and if ants keep emerging then we'll get rid of it and get a new one. 

But it was expensive! And a wedding present! Crying

• imageMewMew:
    OMG I just gagged. Go buy a new one!!!! Maybe they layed eggs in there! Made it their anthouse!!!!

LOL about the gagging. It was the first time I was grateful to have no m/s or queasiness!!

yeah, I think there are some babies in there. the ones that came out were all different sizes.

ick. 

• Where did they get it from? If it was bought from Bed Bath and Beyond, they take anything back or exchange, as long as it's from there. They told me that when I registered for my vaccuum because I just have bad luck with vacuums, I thought it would break (and it did).

Cuz, technically, your machine is broken. I think.

• imageMewMew:

Where did they get it from? If it was bought from Bed Bath and Beyond, they take anything back or exchange, as long as it's from there. They told me that when I registered for my vaccuum because I just have bad luck with vacuums, I thought it would break (and it did).

Cuz, technically, your machine is broken. I think.

thanks for the tip! It was 5 years ago, but I still have the box and manual because I'm an obsessive hoarder of boxes. 

• OMG! That is sooooo gross. I am sorry you have to deal with that yuckiness!!!! I would definitely run it through the dishwasher too if you can.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are having an ant problem too. It's grossing me out. I am calling the bug people tomorrow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • gross.  Ick!

i admire your diligence in cleaning that machine.

i would have given up and threw it out a long time ago.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ewwwwwww...you poor thing. I would have thrown that thing out in the garage and made DH clean it (hehe).   I hope you win!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have had an issue the past week with the little small ants. We use Terro to get rid of them.  It is liquid in a bottle and you put a little dot on the cardboard they give you. The ant swarm to it and they are gone asap. If you have animals make sure to keep it away from them. Good luck!
  • I worked at Bed Bath and Beyond at customer service when I was in High School/College... and they take EVERYTHING back.... receipt...no receipt.... Used/Broke.... I remember when I worked there... I even took back a down comforter that was almost my age...but she had the receipt... and we still carried the brand....so it was no problem.. I mean the worst day to work customer service was the day after the holidays (thanksgiving/christmas)..You don't know how many people will buy fancy plates...platters....glass wear... table clothes ..napkins... etc.... and return them all the day after the holiday...and we'd take it all! Even with bits of turkey still on the platter...urgh!

But sorry about your ants... I would return it to bed bath and beyond... just tell 'em it was a wedding gift and it broke...they won't care...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"