Adoption
Options

s/o names (for fun)

The post about names got me thinking that I meant to ask this on the GTKYF but didn't get a chance!  Just for fun, what names do you love?

I love more names than I'll ever have kids!  LOL  :)  Here's some current favorites:

GIRLS:
Caroline
Madison
Eliana
Isabella
Ava
Grace
Reese
Alexis (though DH will never let me use this one b/c he says it sounds like the car... *sigh*)

BOYS:
Nicholas
Jacob
Jackson
Lucas
Logan
Landon
Cole
Ethan
Carter

Oh, so many more... but I won't keep boring you all!  :)

Re: s/o names (for fun)

• Options

I only have a couple:

Girl - Madeline

Boy - Elijah

Since I don't think I'll have the "naming a boy' experience again, we'll be giving our to-be-adopted son Elijah for a middle name.  He's 9 and doesn't have one so we'll be adding a middle name and changing his last.

Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Options
    These are the names from my list right now (changes all the time!) and not all of them are dh-approved :)

Annaliese
    Athena
    Bethany
    Calla
    Charlotte
    Chlo?
    Claire
    Jacinta/Jacinda
    Juliet/Juliette
    Piper
    Sabina
    Simona

Blake
    Connor
    Dalton
    Dexter
    Ellis
    Ellison
    Ethan
    John-David
    Logan
    Owen
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

These names were agreed upon during pre-marital counseling -- Payton and Landry were both chosen by my DH. 

Girl - Payton Elizabeth
    Boy - Jacob Landry "Jake"

Other contenders if we end up with a second girl or boy are:
    Emma Claire/Anna Claire
    Anna Grace/Hannah Grace
    John Carter "Carter"

• Options
    Oh, there are so many names I like.  Some that I really like for girls are: Kayleigh, Hailey, Kristen, Mara and Ashley.  Some boys names are: Jay, Ryan, James, Landon, and Zachary.
  • Options

We have such a hard time agreeing on names. ?DS is William James.

Names that were at the top of our list a year ago:

Girl: ?Elizabeth, Mya, Ashley and Liliana (nn Lily)

Boys:?Jack,?Nicholas,?Samuel

We came down to the wire as to whether my DS would be "William" or "Jack". ?Jack is definitely our first choice for boy #2. ?We might do the formal name of John and call him Jack. ?Do you think it would be weird to have "Will and Jack". ?Is it too close to Jack and Jill?

?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We used our top two names already for girls; Kate Isabella and Ella Claire.  But if we have a third girl I love Nora (not sure about the middle name).  I think Kate, Ella and Nora sound SOOO cute together! =)  If we have a boy his name would most likely be Cash.  We also like Miller for a boy.  Who knows???  Maybe we won't even have a third but I love talking names! =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options

We're all about the Gaelic names, and using some old family names

Girls:

Siaorse (SEER-sha) Rose or Miles

Ciaran (KEE-ren) Campbell

Brenna

Basha (OK, that one's not Gaelic ;)

Boys:

Tristan James

Iain George

Connor

Declan

Brendan

• Options

Hmm where do I begin!?!?

Girls:

Corina, Ashlyn, Emilia, Emily, Harper, Riley, Caroline, Kerrigan, Avery

Boys:

Andrew, Isaac, Ethan, Evan, Liam, Cooper, Matthew

Oops, those are just mine...DH and I do not agree on names! LOL! He likes Ashley and Cecilia for a girl, and no clue on boys names

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    If our next child is a girl, she'll be Gretchen Ruth and if it's a boy, he'll be Theodore Thomas. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our names took us soooo long to come up with and agree upon:

Peyton Andrew (boy)

Aubrey Sarah (girl)

I LOVE these names!

• Options

For Sures:

Avery Lynn (girl - my dad's mn and mom's mn)

Jaxon Walker (boy - mn is DH's grandfather's middle name)

Other:

Addison Reat/Rae

we've talked about names for almost 5 years and they constantly change. these 3 are the for sure names we'll use.

• Options

Boy - Grady Alexander

Girl - Samantha Madeleine

I also LOVE LOVE the name Sophie for a girl, but G hates it.  Also mulling over Griffin for a boy, but for some reason I just love Grady. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our daughter will be Karina Louise.  Our son will be Quincy Ibrahim. 
  • Options

For a girl....DH is set on using his mom's name.  She died several years ago.  Her name is Mary Jane.  I'm not sold...I have run it by other people who immediately start making references to pot...or shoes.  There are things I like about the name-  Mary is important in my life, Jane is similar to my name, etc. But I don't know....

My choices for a girl include Caroline, Georgia, Lucinda/Lucy, Sara, Anna.

For a boy-- Charlie after my dad would be a top choice. Also like Jaime, James, Patrick, Andrew, and Jude.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

My husband is Spanish, so we have the added complication of finding names that are similar sounding (or at least pronouncable) for Spanish friends and family...

Girls: Gisela, Elsa, Johanna, Mattea, Claudia

Boys: Lucas, Bryce, Gabriel

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"