Austin Babies
Options

CD Question

In preparation for our little one coming soon, I decided to go ahead and wash all my dipes and inserts. Then we proceeded to stuff them. Does stuffing them get any easier? I was about ready to cry because I couldn't get the inserts in without getting totally bunched up. I will admit that I am a complete perfectionist, so maybe I was going about it the wrong way. But the insert would somehow fold itself in half long ways right in the crotch area every time. Does it matter if the insert is bunched when you when the dipe on DC?

Also, a Whammies specific question. Is there some trick to the hooks? They are really hard to get in and out, and it seems like it will be a nightmare trying to do the hooks with the baby in the dipe. Does the fabric loosen a bit over time and make it easier?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CD Question

• Options

Don't worry stuffing gets a lot easier!  I always try to have the inserts flat, not bunched.  I little bunching is probably ok as long as there isn't part of the diaper that doesn't have insert in it, because then it might leak.

I'm no help on the Whammies, we tried one and never could get the hooks to be easier.  I gave up after several months.  I do think there is a trick to it, I just could never get it down...

• Options
    yep! Stuffing gets easier. The inserts seems to get less "sticky" over time (not the right word, maybe clingy?). To get mine flat I fold the end in half while I stuff and then open it at the end seam of the diaper. I then hold the insert there (from the outside) with my left hand and stretch and pull with my right hand (still in the diaper) to extend the elastic of the diaper lengthwise. That probably doesn't make much sense. Whammies are dh's least fave b/c of the hooks. We've only had ours for a month or so, but it seems a bit easier.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The stuffing does get easier. Over time you'll just develop your own way of getting them in there flat. I never would have thought of diaper stuffing as a skill before I started doing it....

It's the same thing with the Wahmies, but the fabric does also loosen a bit, not a whole lot. When I was setting yours up I was reminded how tight the fabric is in the beginning- I grabbed one of our older ones and compared them. Made exactly the same, but the fabric was easer to hook in the loops that we use. The unused loops were still pretty tough.

If you angle the hook a little when you slide it in and out it won't catch on the fabric (I tried to find a picture of this online, but couldn't. I'll try to get one up on the site this week though.) I had some trouble with it at first too, but by the time DD was trying to run away during diaper changes I had it down well enough it no longer took any more time than a snap diaper.

• Options
    Thanks ladies. That makes me feel better. The Whammies were definitely the hardest to stuff and the hooks are tricky, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon. One more question. Since I'm using OS diapers and they are on the smallest setting right now, is it easier to stuff them and then snap the front up or snap first then stuff? Or is that just a matter of preference?
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just hold thee end that is going in to the diaper and take my whole hand in to the 'back' of it. I flatten it as I pull my hand out. That's been working for me with bumgenius diapers. 

no help on Whammies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's probably a matter of preference. For my pocket diapers I leave them snapped, but I have some pocket fitted's that I have to unsnap to stuff. Try it both ways and see which is easier for you!
  • Options

imageMrsChristmas:
    One more question. Since I'm using OS diapers and they are on the smallest setting right now, is it easier to stuff them and then snap the front up or snap first then stuff? Or is that just a matter of preference?

I always leave our OS diapers snapped on the rise setting then stuff them.  In fact I wash them at the rise setting too, so I never unsnap the rise snaps.  I've never tried it the other way though.

• Options
    imagefjaril:

I just hold thee end that is going in to the diaper and take my whole hand in to the 'back' of it. I flatten it as I pull my hand out. That's been working for me with bumgenius diapers. 

no help on Whammies.

This is what I do, too.

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"