Pregnant after 35
Options

Is anyone in their 5th week?

Hey ladies...Just wondering if anyone is at about the same point as I am in their pregnancies?  If so, how are you feeling?  What have your symptoms been?  I am tired and my boobs are huge and painful, but other than that, I feel good.  Of course, I'm worried that I'm feeling too well?!?  Anyone else out there?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.raisinghopehappinessandlucas.typepad.com 37 and dx with DOR...just fabulous

Re: Is anyone in their 5th week?

• Options

Hi Sophie!  Congratulations!!!

While I'm not in my 5th week, I wanted to reassure you that feeling "too well" is completely normal. When I was in my 5th week, I'd just found out and felt pretty good. I only had mild uterine cramps (no bleeding) and sore boobs?and I was tired. 

Most women develop morning sickness a bit later?if they do at all. I was one of the lucky ones who did not. And that worried me. LOL.

My main advice will be to TRY to relax. It's not easy but gets easier as your pregnancy progresses. :)

Congrats again and welcome to the board.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

There are a few that are in the first few weeks!!  And like Robyn....although I am not I just wanted to say welcome and hoping you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!  

I didn't develop m/s until about week 7 and it was mostly just a nauseated feeling ALL day long...i only felt better when I ate which may be the reason for my 10+ weight gain, lol.  Enjoy the time you feel great, it certainly (for most) doesn't last too long!!  Congrats again!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

While I'm not in my 5th week, I remember feeling the same way as you do around that time. I guess I was expecting to feel more pregnant at that point.

The only other symptom I really developed was food aversions around week 8 along with the typical bloating.

Good luck with everything!!

• Options

Congrats!

I'm only a couple o' weeks ahead, so this is all pretty fresh in my memory.

Ah.. the joys of the 5th week.  Do yourself a favor right now while you're feeling well.  Go buy some Ginger Snaps, Ginger Ale, etc.   Just keep them handy.   I predict in about two weeks, you'll be glad you have them around!  I'm always amazed that a couple of cookies and I feel much better.

Actually, it's not so bad yet.  Just a general tiredness and achiness and nausea.  My mom says she never had morning sickness, so I'm hoping that's hereditary!

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I felt fine at 5 weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I felt like I did pre-pregnancy until about week seven. Enjoy your pregnancy!!Big Smile
  • Options

Hi Sophie -

I'm just a few days ahead of you, and having similar symptoms.

I go in for my first ultrasound on Monday {which can't come fast enough!}, and am so grateful for all the advice the other women have provided in response!

I know that things will change very quickly.

I too am hoping m/s is hereditary - my mum said she had it only mildly.

Happy + Healthy 9 months to you!

IVF #2 {March 2011} :: BFP!! Due Date :: 12.03.2011 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hi, I haven't formally introduced myself yet but I'm in my 5th week.  I am still feeling pretty good.  I wish my boobs were huge, but they never seem to get the pregnancy message.  I had my other two before I hit 30 so doing this again now at 36 is going to be an adventure.
  • Options
    SaranSaran member
    I'm in my 5th week and feel great. I have little twinges every once in a while and had only one wave of nausea last night. Most of the time I dont feel pregnant. I'm not worried cause I didnt feel pregnant with my twins til almost my 2nd trimester. I had very little nausea and my boobs never hurt or grew until I had em breastfeeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"