Baby Showers
Options

What to get for hostesses?

Hi all,

My mom and sister are hosting my shower in about a month. I'm looking for good ideas for thank you gifts for them.

I'd like it to be a little more personal than a gift card or scented candles/ soaps, and something they can each use (mom lives near philly, sister near boston). there have been some issues with DRAMA in the shower planning (mom vs. sister). We don't know LO's gender, by the way.

oh, and my wedding shower gifts were monogrammed canvas bags filled with assorted goodies. 

TIA!

Re: What to get for hostesses?

• Options
    imagetuxcat:

Hi all,

My mom and sister are hosting my shower in about a month. I'm looking for good ideas for thank you gifts for them.

I'd like it to be a little more personal than a gift card or scented candles/ soaps, and something they can each use (mom lives near philly, sister near boston). there have been some issues with DRAMA in the shower planning (mom vs. sister). We don't know LO's gender, by the way.

oh, and my wedding shower gifts were monogrammed canvas bags filled with assorted goodies. 

TIA!

my one hostess is getting a tiffany's necklace.  The other one has a baby at home and so is gettng a gift card to movie theater/starbucks.  I don't like gift certificates either but I remember her telling me one time that her ideal date with her husband is movies and coffee.  I figured that with a baby at home, a date night would be nice.

• Options
    I been thinking about the same thing. I might just get some jewelry or something nice. Maybe make a gift basket with different things that I know she will like. Plus some gift cards cause I know she likes gift cards. I wouldn't normally do gift cards but if they are the type that likes them why not?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Personally, I love receiving gift cards.

For your mom, how about a beautiful silver frame for a picture of her new grandchild?

• Options
    I planted flowers in pots and hopefully they will be good when I have my shower. If not, then I plan on buying them potted plants.
  • Options

Hello! How about some custom personalized notecards that suite their personalities? At least as part of the gift. I say this because I make them, but I also know from experience as most Moms I know love to get them and they will definitely be used. Just a thought! If you are inclined, please check my site at www.hollodesigns.etsy.com.

If you don't like my style, there is quite alot to choose from on etsy.com that is all handmade by artists- you can place a custom request and the artists will bid on your request.

• Options

everyone - thanks for the ideas!

hollodesigns -  I make cards and scrapbook, so making some personalized notecards is a FANTASTIC idea!  thanks for the suggestion...

• Options
    These are all great ideas.  Thanks so much guys.
  • Options

My mom and sister are hosting a shower for me.  I am going to find my mom and grandma necklace (I think they are cheesy, but I know my mom will love it) or something with the baby's birthstone.  I would like to find my sister a picture frame or something that says "favorite aunt" or something along those lines- plus something else, but I don't know what to put with it yet. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why not a really nice frame with an ultrasound pic in it? and when baby is born they can replace it with a new pic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"