Oregon Babies
Options

Any mommies from Coos Bay/North Bend area??

Hi, My family will be relocating this summer to Coos Bay area from Hawaii ( Big Change). I have never been in the area neither we have family or friends.  I am planning to buy everything that i will need for the upcoming baby when i get there. Is that a smart choice? How is living there? Is the weather always rainy/cold? I am trying to buy most of the babies clothes now since i figure i wont have much time once the baby arrives, how are the fall/winter season weather-wise?

Thank you for your info and I would love to hear more of my new home town if you want to share!!!!

Re: Any mommies from Coos Bay/North Bend area??

• Options

I don't live there now, but I have a lot of family in Port Orford (very small town about an hour south of Coos Bay).  Why are you moving there sight unseen?  Is it for a job?  Sorry to be nosey  : )

Fall/winter it will be cold and drizzly/rainy every single day.  Coos Bay is only sunny from about July-August, if even that.  I'd say that "a nice warm day" for Coos Bay is 70 degrees.  Maybe up to 80 in the summer time.  For dressing a baby in the winter, I would do lots of layers.  That way you can take a layer off if she gets too hot, or add a light jacket if it's colder than you expected.

I usually just drive through Coos Bay on the way south, but I believe they have a WalMart and a Fred Meyer (similar to WalMart or Target).  You should be able to buy plenty of baby stuff there, or at least order online and have it delivered to the store if they don't have it locally.

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hey Thank You so much for your input!

yeah, my dh is in the Coast Guard and he got transfer to the CG air station in North Bend.  I am trying to have an idea of what our life is gonna be once we move there; it is nice to have the point of view of someone who has actually lived in the area or at least knows the area pretty well.  Once thing i am really happy about it is the online shopping which it really sucks in Hawaii...if they do ship, it can be really expensive in most cases...so not everything it is bad...I guess i had plenty of sunny days here in the island ...Oh well...Thank you so much again and GL with your pregnancy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"