D.C. Area Babies
Options

Consignment Sale Experience

This morning I had to drive my brother to Dulles so I thought i would stop by the FCMOM Consignment Sale in Chantilly.  Ohmigosh, there were probably a thousand people in the hour and a half I was there.  The line was out the door shortly after my arrival and I saw people come out with wagons full of things.  I would say well over half the things there were in great condition, and I waited about 40 minutes on line to get in so much was picked over.  Everything was very reasonably priced, we actually found the mobile we planning on buying for $4.  The clothes were by and large well maintained, adorable, a lot of high end brands and I saw tons of things that were never worn and still had tags on them.  The sale was really well run and organized, just very crowded.

If you decide to go to one of the many that are coming up, I do have some suggestions.  Get there early.  Bring plenty of shopping bags and a friend (or your DH).  Particuarly if you are looking for very specific things.  They had a lot of big ticket items, playskool kitchens, firetrucks, wagons, bikes, that went before I even walked in so it pays to be early if you are looking for bargains on those.          

Re: Consignment Sale Experience

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"