Baby Showers
Options

Your 2 cents...

Soooo....since my baby is still in the ICN (has been for 3 weeks) and I had her two months early...I had to leave my shower early to nurse her.

Me leaving the shower early meant I didn't have time to open gifts @ the baby shower Sad

My DH invited his family that attended the baby shower over to the house to have me open their gifts while the other baby shower attendees went home. I really didn't care for that since I am going to the hospital to nurse her at 3 pm. and 9 pm. (I try to take a nap in between.) PLEASE...lend me your 2 cents.

Re: Your 2 cents...

• Options

I would talk to your husband about it. He probably didn't think about it being more of a hassle than a nice gesture. I'm sure you'll send them lovely thank you cards, so they really don't need to come over for that. It doesn't really seem fair that his family gets to see you open gifts, but no one else does. Sounds like something that could bite you in the butt later if word got out.?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you really don't want to do it, I would mention that to him.  Like the PP said he probably did it as a nice gesture but not realizing that its a pain for you.  I am sure you are extremely tired and want to relax inbetween feedings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you don't feel like doing that, then don't feel obligated. Ask your DH to explain to them that you are tired, stressed, etc. and need to rest. They should understand.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Options
    Could DH go to the shower and open gifts? This way you can take care of the stuff you need to take care of and the gifts can be opened.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageDiscusCoach:
    Could DH go to the shower and open gifts? This way you can take care of the stuff you need to take care of and the gifts can be opened.

I love this idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"