Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

PSA for those who think Tanning is EVER okay

All I have to say is that you are freaking off your rocker if you think its okay to tan at anytime in your life!! With all the education we have in this generation about skin cancer and sun awareness you are just plain stupid to tan.

DO you know that you at your age are at the highest risk of your life to get a Malignant Fatal Melanoma??? What about other skin cancers? Let alone premature aging and dark spots but hey if you want to be disfigured when you are 50 just for a tan for your sisters wedding then so be it..ENjoy losing an Ear.

Oh and other poster who said its no different than laying in the sun..Get educated because Melanoma is the leading cause of cancer related deaths in people from age 18-25.

Then you have other cancers that while they dont kill you they will cause you to lose an eye, ear nose etc...

Squamous Cell

Basal Cell Carcinoma

Oh yeah and not to mention all the precancers that you will have to get burned off on a monthly basis..Yup not worth tanning in my eyes

Re: PSA for those who think Tanning is EVER okay

• Options

Word!

I puffy heart my pale a$$. Smile

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif
  • Options
    Agreed.  Not only the health risks but it is an absurb waste of energy.  Seriously, you want to use our finite resources on Tanning?  SMURT.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Indifferent That's some scary shizz, Mandee.

I agree, though.  I'm pale as a ghost and refuse to go tanning.

• Options
    Those are some disgusting pics! Yuck!
  • Options

I see this shiiz Every DAY, I spend all day on tuesday cutting this shiit out of people who sit there and cry why me why me...WHY because you didnt take the 5 minutes or less it takes to slap on some sunscreen or walk away from the tanning bed, thats why!

I like my white asss and so does my husband if it means I can stay alive.

Now granted, there are a FEW cases where melanoma is developed because of a hereditary factor but hell who wants to add to that risk.

Everytime a kid comes in my office for a rash, or acne or what have you and they have a sunburn...I stop what I am doing and Point to my wall where I have posters of these things and Stop to show them what they will look like as an older man/woman if they do not stop that crap right now.

• Options
    a lady from my aerobics class died from melanoma!  The cancer spread to other organs, etc.  She was in rough shape.  Because of this, I will never use a tanning bed again and I always use sunscreen!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I tanned ONCE for my wedding, and if the girls at the front desk weren't scary enough, the cooking of my flesh really did freak me the hell out.
  • Options
    Alright, alright, don't yell at me. I'm half Jamaican, never tanned a day in my life. Big Smile
  • Options

imageAbc15379:
    Alright, alright, don't yell at me. I'm half Jamaican, never tanned a day in my life. Big Smile

NOT FAIR!!!!!

• Options
    And if the scary pictures don't turn you off, I give you this: I went tanning twice in my life, for about a month each time. The first time I got what I expected. The second time was for my wedding. Well, JUST ONE MONTH of tanning gave me melasma - random dark patches of skin. And one of them is right above my upper lip, so I look like I have a mustache. And I will have it forever - even with prescription creams that make it go away, it comes right back the second I go for a jog, even though I wear waterproof SPF 50. So don't do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this Mandee...DH's best friend died from skin cancer at the age of 31.  I tend to get a little over-emotional when friends fake-bake or any kind of bake w/o sunscreen!
  • Options

:::runs out of post scared and crying:::

ps. I don't fake-bake, but I love the sunshine! Paradise

• Options
    Amen Mandee! Let me tell ya, (as I'm sure Mandee can attest) cancer ain't fun gals! Get a spray tan if you want to darken up.
  • Options
    Great informative post! Unfortunately lots of people do things that we know darn well cause cancer, like smoking!  And what upsets me even more is people who continue to smoke (or tan, etc.) even after a family member passes away from lung cancer, empysema(sp?) etc.  Or have even had more than one person in the family pass away from those cancers! My father passed away from leukemia last year, and I always wonder if that was caused from him smoking for many years, even tho he had quit 15 years prior to his passing. 
  • Options
    Amen. I love my pale self, and if I ever want to be tan, I get it sprayed on.
  • Options

Great post! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

BEST. POST. EVER.

Thank you so much for posting that.

• Options

Wow, those pics are scary.  I have been tanning in the past, but no more... I stopped that silliness pre-TTC, but I will never go back.

TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"