North Carolina Babies
Options

It still just doesnt seem right

AT was up at least every 2 hrs last night. Then everytime he has went down for a nap today he has screamed when he wakes up. This is not normal. Should it really take an antibiotic 7 days or more to relieve pain?

He seems fine otherwise, playing as usual and no fever. He is getting hoarse from all the sceaming when he wakes up at night and nap time. The only thing that will calm him that I am not supposed to give him is the paci! This sucks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It still just doesnt seem right

• Options

Does he have a sore throat maybe? ?it doesn't seem it should take 7 days, something else must be going on.

I'm sorry he's still not doing better :(?

• Options

I DD'd. I totally don't want anything to think that I'm trying to make anyone worry more than they should. I'm just one of those people who are convinced that I'm dying when I have a cold or something .... LOL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMereD19:

I DD'd. I totally don't want anything to think that I'm trying to make anyone worry more than they should. I'm just one of those people who are convinced that I'm dying when I have a cold or something .... LOL.

Now I'm curious what you had written.?

• Options
    Are you sure he isnt teething as well?  Alex is a great sleeper but when teething started he would wake up through the night in a blood curdling scream....just something to think about.  It might be that mixed with EIs...
  • Options
    I would suspect teething as well.  I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time!
  • Options

We used Infant Origel on his gums on the really bad days, and infant tylenol...I checked with our pedi and she said both were fine for him.  Hang in there, and I hope he feels better soon.

• Options

imagetoadslove:
    Are you sure he isnt teething as well?  Alex is a great sleeper but when teething started he would wake up through the night in a blood curdling scream....just something to think about.  It might be that mixed with EIs...

We dont see anything and neither did the pedi but that doesnt mean they arent moving around in his gums. I am sure some of that is going along with it. Last night things turned for the better. We went out to eat with friends and he did really well. He was up later than normal and was hardly fussy at all.

He slept for 4 hrs straight, with no screaming which doesnt sound like much but is a record for us with what he has been going through. This is usually the pattern that we have and he will be back to sleeping till 7 in no time.....well at least I keep telling myself that :) Thanks ladies!

• Options

Sorry you're going through such a tough time.  I would suspect some teething too.  We're never able to see Eli's teeth, we just know they're coming based on the way he's acting.  I'm glad he slept better for you last night, maybe it's coming to an end. 

I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but are you giving Motrin or Tylenol along with the AB?

Or it could just be some crazy unexplainable phase that will pass on its own.  They really suck.  Hopefully whatever it is will pass soon and he'll start sleeping again at night and you can too!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmikey:

I'm sure you've mentioned this before, but are you giving Motrin or Tylenol along with the AB?

Yeah I have given him both, but at night it never seems to last longer than 2 hrs and he is back up again. When he is in pain during the day it calms him and helps him nap but at night it is like it is a total diff effect. I am hoping the pattern continues, he has eaten well today and no fussing other than needing a nap. So I am crossing my fingers we are on the raod to recovery be it teeth or ears :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"