North Carolina Babies
Options

When you quit BFing did you gain weight?

I plan to BF for a couple more months but I read that some people gain weight when they stop.  Just wondering if any of you experienced this.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

Re: When you quit BFing did you gain weight?

• Options

I didn't.  And I've actually heard the opposite, that sometimes you lose a few pounds.  Evidently your body hangs onto a few in order to nourish your baby if you're starving, so when you quit BF'ing your body lets those pounds go.  I learned this in my BF'ing class.  I don't know how often it happens like that, but that's what she said. 

I think if you're careful and mindful that your metabolism with slow a little bit, you should be ok.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i think it can go either way. i'm hanging onto a few extra pounds (and after my stomach virus, i'm glad i was!), and i'm guessing they'll go away when i stop BFing, as long as i don't eat like i currently do Embarrassed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekateland3:
    i think it can go either way. i'm hanging onto a few extra pounds (and after my stomach virus, i'm glad i was!), and i'm guessing they'll go away when i stop BFing, as long as i don't eat like i currently do Embarrassed

Ditto!  If I kept eating as much as I am now, I'm sure I'd gain weight.  But I eat the way I do to keep my supply up, so once I wean, I can cut down on the food some!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"