Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

F/U to PP- Told DH about testing results & sex of baby

I thought I'd post a follow-up since it seems like other people are dealing with the same thing. I let DH know tonight that are final results were back and I didn't need further testing at this point. Because I didn't want to just keep it to myself that we had the option of knowing the sex, I quietly slipped in that it was interesting that they could tell so much from the tests, including the sex. He asked if I found out, and I said yes, that I knew it would give me some closure. I was surprised that he went ahead and asked- I really thought it would be too much for him. I asked if he was sure that he wanted to know, and he said yes, since I already knew. He was quiet when I told him it had been a boy, but he took it way better than I thought. To be honest, I truly do feel closure. Hopefully I'll feel the same way tomorrow, but for now, it's helping me feel like I'm moving forward.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: F/U to PP- Told DH about testing results & sex of baby

• Options
    I  just read your previous post.  Im glad its helping you and your husband closure.  ((BIG HUGS))
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so glad your husband had a better reaction that you were anticipating. I hope you are able to continue on with your feeling of closure. 

Sending hugs your way.

Suzanne
    Mama to Lewis Elijah-11/18/05
    and Evangeline Mae - 12/06/07
    and two angels 3/17/07 at 5w and 12/16/08 - 11w partial molar pregnancy with bonus chemo
    Best Kind to Have-blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt the same way. My baby was a little boy as well - I knew it from the moment the second line showed up. ((HUGS)) I hope this gives you peace.
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to tell him and that he reacted better than you thought.  I hope it helps you feel better as you continue to move forward.
  • Options

I know the sex of two of our losses.  I prefer knowing. I know what you mean about closure.

• Options

Oh, I am SO relieved and happy to hear that it went well with your DH. Hopefully, this is just another successful step in the healing process.

• Options

I'm glad you were able to talk to your DH about it and that he took the results so well.  I wish the best for you both during this time. 

~Healing Dust~ to you.

• Options
    Thanks so much for your support, ladies :) I hope everyone is making progress in healing as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"