D.C. Area Babies
Options

TY note vent

I'm almost done writing my TY notes from my shower--I am forcing myself to finish them by the end of the day tomorrow!

Anyway, I hate trying to figure how to word notes for group gifts. For instance, DH's aunt and 2 cousins got together to give us our stroller--which was awesome, but I can't just write the same note to all 3 of them since they see each other all the time. But there are only so many ways so word a note that basically needs to say same thing.

It also might not be helping that I do believe pregnancy is turning my mind to mush... Tongue Tied

Re: TY note vent

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.  It's not like they are going to whip out the notes and compare.  Besides, there are so many ppl who are delinquent on TY notes these days, I think most just appreciate getting one!
  • Options
    Do you think they are really going to compare thank you notes?  I doubt it, but even if they did as long as you sound gracious in your note I don't think it would be offensive to write the same thing.  Almost all my notes had the same basic wording.  I just changed the words that pertained to the gift description.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sometimes, I write my thank you notes in a Word document first before hand writing them in the card. That way I can easily copy/paste different sentences or word things slightly differently so that each card is unique. Also, I have writers block when staring at a blank card so I like to have things typed out first so I can just copy it down. That's great that you are almost done though!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's fine to write the same thing.  I did - especially to the people I didn't know well (or didn't know at all, my MIL got a tad creative with the guest list... and there was one woman that NOBODY seemed to know and that was really strange.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"