Indiana Babies
Options

If you commute downtown

-Where do you park your car downtown?  On the street or in a garage? 

-If in a garage how much do they charge you on a daily basis if you don't mind sharing? 

-How long is your commute downtown and where are you coming from? 

Thanks ladies!

Re: If you commute downtown

• Options

Most of the questions are n/a for me since I park in the hospital garage, but it takes me about 35 minutes to get downtown from Greenfield.

Just for comparison's sake, it's $5/day, but I usually leave late enough that no one is working to take money. ;)

• Options

I will answer for my DH since I dont commute downtown but he is starting to.

1.) He parks in a garage (i believe on Pennsylvania...he then walks 4 blocks)

2.) He pays a monthly fee...most of them have a monthly fee as well.  Some that he called were between 80 and 100 a month.  His is about 85 a month with a deposit fee.

3. We live on the southeast side and he takes southeastern ave in with it taking 15-20 minutes.  The reason he parks kind of away from his office is he says he can walk faster to get to his car farther away than drive and park closer to his office.

Amy

Amy

• Loading the player...
  • Options

- I park in a garage that is attached to my office at Illinois/Market Streets

- Daily parking in the garage I park is $13 or $14/day. I pay monthly (with more than 1/2 reimbursement from my job) which is $155/month for a non-reserved spot. I believe reserved is $165

- I come in from the NE side (67 & Olio area) and depending on what time I leave, it can take anywhere from 40 - 60 minutes.

FWIW, parking on the street will cost about $7.50 or $8.00/day but you have to go down to your car every 2 hours to dump money in the meter. And some meters have no parking between 6 - 9 am and 3 - 6 pm. So if you don't make it down to dump money, you are looking at a $25 parking ticket. If you park during the "no parking" hours, then you are looking at a ticket and possible tow bill. Oh, and meters are free on holidays and weekends.

• Options

My work now pays for my parking in a garage.  When I had a different job down here, I paid daily.  The "early bird" rate was cheaper than paying monthly, and that was $4.50 a day.  I live on the Southeast side and it takes me 20-30 mintues.  I like to mix it up and go different ways most every day so I don't get bored.  haha. 

• Options
    I work in the Market Tower building but park across the street in the Hilton garage.  I pay $150/month and I think their daily is $22.  I commute from Camby (just south of the airport) and with normal traffic, it takes me about 30 minutes (from my driveway to having my butt in my chair in my office)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It takes me about 20-30 mins depending on traffic of course from the west side.  I have pd parking by my employer, but I have always worked downtown and when I didn't have pd. parking I'd park in some lots that for an early bird price around $5/day.  I've also parked in the mall garage and then just moved my car every 3 hours...paying $4.50/day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"