Orange County Babies
Options

Cereals

Target didnt have the Earth's Best Rice Cereal so I bought the oatmeal of the same brand. SHe's never had oatmeal. Is it harder to digest? WHy is it considered to be the food that follows rice? Did anyone's dc have it at 5-6 months old?

THANKS!

Re: Cereals

• Options

sorry don't know.. but just wanted to say hi and how exciting that she is already 5months old!

so when did you start your DD on rice cereals? I am trying to figure out when I can start DS on em... :)

take care! hope we can get together soon for baby dates~

• Options

HI Morla!

I had to start adding a tbsp of rice to all her bottles when she was very little, around 3 months. This was because she kept spitting up and had reflux. We didnt use meds, so the rice cereal helped a bit. She had no issues with it and now eats bigger quantities of it mixed with fruit.

Baby dates sounds fun! Let me know whenever you're free to walk around the mall or something. ivri76@hotmail.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know why it's considered a second choice. But we started dd on cereals at 5 months. We skip rice cereals b/c dd get constipated easily (pedi said ok also) but even then she was still constipated. per pedi we gave her barley and still constipated. recently we started dd on veggies & fruits, i mix 1/2 a teaspoon of cereals in the food and everything seems ok.

Can I join you ladies for a hangout?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started with rice cereal shortly after 4 months then introduced oatmeal after a week or so then mixed grain a week or so after that.
  • Options

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna try giving her some oatmeal tonight.

AIVI08 - sure! email me and we'll plan a playdate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"