St. Louis Babies

daycare or babysitting

Hello all, I am brand new to thebump so wanted to say hi to all the locals :-)

If any of you are in or near to St. Louis I am curious to hear what you do for babysitting or daycare.  Everything I have looked into so far is at least 13,000 a year!  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: daycare or babysitting

• I have weighed the options and I am considering staying home.  I don't see a point in working just to pay for daycare.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think my answer will be very helpful for you, but my mom is going to babysit. We will pay her, but she will charge us much less than we would pay to send her to daycare, so it will be very affordable for us. We feel VERY lucky to have this option! I hope you can find something!
  • Thanks for the welcome and the responses! 

Staying home is not an option for me being the breadwinner for our family.  DH can not stay home either because he has child support obligations from a previous relationship so we must find someone!

Actually I have an update.  My mom's neighbor watches my Neice and Nephew and is open to taking the baby in October.  She only charges about half of any of the daycares we have looked at, so I think we may have a solution.  The only downfall is she does not claim it on her taxes so I can not use my flex spending account at work....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 13,000 a year seems high. i guess it depends on your location. We have checked into it and found daycare and at home options for $125 a week. This is south of the city though. We are fortunate to have family watching out little one when he comes. 
  • I won't be helpful either, my mom is babysitting also.  I know in home care is usually cheaper.  What area are you in?  My sister in law watches children out of her home, I think she is $120/week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"