Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone on Short Term Disability in 2008?

Are we supposed to get a tax form? I haven't received any tax forms and I received 2 payments in 2008.

Do you know when the latest we should receive the tax forms?

Thanks so much for any information you can offer.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone on Short Term Disability in 2008?

• Options
    That's a good question.  I didn't even think of that!
  • Options
    i would ask your HR person; mine was a part of my W2 from work.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes - i got tax forms for it, but mine ended in 2008 - not sure if that would make a difference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they have to postmark the forms by Jan 31 (today!)

• Options
    I paid 100% of the premiums for my STD and therefore I don't have to pay taxes on it. I believe that if it is provided by your employer then you do have to pay taxes, but I'm not sure on that.
  • Options

my company sent me 2 w2 forms, and the second on have my std information on it. i would contact your HR department because their the ones that are supposed to send it out.

• Options
    The company that provides the STD for my work sent me a separate W-2. I was wondering the same thing, but it came before I had a chance to ask. You HR should be able to tell you.
  • Options

Great! I am going to look at my last paystub to see if it increased with the amount from my disability. If not, I will be on the phone with my former employer first thing Monday am!

Thanks ladies!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Very good question... we are supposed to file ours tomorrow, and it didn't occur to me- hmmm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    State or through insurance? I was on disability for state and it is not taxed so, no there won't be anything sent. I also got a small amount of STD thru insurance and that was taxed... I just got mine in the mail this week for that
  • Options
    Just to let everyone know, DH (who's HR educated to the max!) says it depends on the state you live in....so answer: check with your HR :)
    Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12
  • Options
    Yes you should get one if your STD is from an independent carrier.  I received mine a few days ago.  GL
  • Options
    they have to be sent out by today. I recived mine on thursday. so you should have them no later than mon.
  • Options
    Because it is a company benefit mine was included in my W2
  • Options
    Thats what I have been trying to figure out. I got my companies today but I don't know if I get the other. I am in Texas and we don't pay state taxes so I don't know if it's different in anyway. I go back to work Tuesday so I guess I will find out then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"