1st Trimester
Options

Early postive test can mean its a girl?

Has anyone else heard this or found it to be true?? My BFP was 5 days before my missed period (I took 3 different kinds of tests). I read on some website that high hcg levels can indicate a girl. Please share.Smile

Re: Early postive test can mean its a girl?

• Options

I got a BFP with my DD at around 3w4dish...  Levels were super high around 2500 and 10k at 4-5 weeks.... (somewhere in there, not sure of the exact dates anymore)

ETA - this is not to mean that I believe this theory... just letting you know when I got my BFP and what my levels were...

Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
  • Options
    do you also believe in the tooth fairy? It has about as much validity as this theory.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummm... Seeing a vagina on a u/s at 20 weeks indicates a girl...
  • Options
    i dont think the amount of HCG in your system can determine anything about the sex of the baby...im not a flamer, but u may want to get your big gal panties on, cuz you may get some harsh answers to this...be prepared.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes - FOR SURE! Paint the nursery pink and buy some dresses! LOL.

No, I never heard that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bet it means its a baby
  • Options

Is this a serious question? Many people get BFP's early. I am one of them, and my little one is a boy.

• Options
    OK, I know its a stupid question, I was just asking what other peoples previous experiences are - like for instance, did you have a early BPF and was your baby a girl? I was surprised to read that on a medical website, thats all.
  • Options

imagevera_rose:
    OK, I know its a stupid question, I was just asking what other peoples previous experiences are - like for instance, did you have a early BPF and was your baby a girl? I was surprised to read that on a medical website, thats all.

What medical site did you read it on?

• Options

imagehoundbaby:

LOL.

I love your shirt, where did you get it?

• Options
    Um, I'd have a hard time trusting a "medical" site that put out that kind of info. Hormone levels do not equal DNA. There is no DNA in your pee either, so please don't buy the intelligender.
  • Options

Is your "medical site" Wikipedia?  Because there is something you should know about Wikipedia.......

"I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." J.D. Salinger Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You may want to lurk a little longer or provide said website if you are going to ask this kind of question here.  It's a tough crowd on occasion but it's b/c DAILY there are questions that BAFFLE the living shiiiit out of some of us.  I am ready for 2nd tri for this reason.  Ready to move on from the random things people come up with in the 1st tri. :)
  • Options
    imageAngelLuver_02:

imagehoundbaby:

?

LOL.

I love your shirt, where did you get it?

Thanks, its from Motherhood?

• Options
    imageDoubleDiamond:

Is your "medical site" Wikipedia?  Because there is something you should know about Wikipedia.......

this LITERALLY made me lol.

• Options
    Are you kidding?
  • Options

imagehoundbaby:

I vote this as well. Although I have heard that lunch meat, sushi and some types of cheese can cause dramatically different outcomes to baby. They should be avoided at all costs! :) 

• Options
    I got an early bfp with my first and he's a boy...sorry!
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options

imagehtomeo:
    Are you kidding?

Holy moly...congratulations!!!!

my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options

oh that tickled me   no honey, it doesn't mean a girl or a boy.  It means you're having a baby.

• Options
    I didn't get a positive until 13 dpo.
  • Options

imagehtomeo:
    Are you kidding?

Congrats!!

• Options

wow the snark, I guess some things never change!

My BFP was 5 days before my missed period too and I had a boy

• Options

I don't know if I would have had an early BFP b/c I didn't take the test until the first day of my missed period. 

I don't think it matters. Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejenerally:
    imageDoubleDiamond:

this LITERALLY made me lol.

Ditto. Too funny

• Options
    imageMrsVictoriaB:

::headdesk::

• Options
    imagejenerally:
    imageMrsVictoriaB:

::headdesk::

yeah...that...

• Options
    Just my thoughts.. But at this point in my pregnancy that was the FURTHEST thing on my mind. the closest thing on my mind was making sure I was doing everything I was "supposed" to be doing health wise and also praying I would have a sticky baby!! Gl to you though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

Congratulations!

• Options

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is just crazy.  My BFP was at at 3w and like 4 or 5 days and I'm having a...............

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to old wives tales

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options
    I think an early positive means you are pregnant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"