Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mirena ladies

I had Mirena put in on Monday (the day after my period). I had cramping and spotting all day, but it stopped that night. Yesterday I started bleeding and cramping as if I were on my period and it hasn't stopped yet. I'm wondering if I've started my period again and if it has something to do with the Mirena. Did anyone have that happen to them?

Re: Mirena ladies

• Options

Not me.  But, I never had my AF.  I am still BFing.  I did have some spotting a few days afterwards.

Call your doctor if it keeps up, but I think that cramping and spotting is normal afterwards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I alternated b/t light spotting and full on bleeding for at least a month after the insertion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bled/spotted for 6 wks.  I wouldn't worry.  If you go on the Mirena website, it says all these things are possible.

• Options
    I got mine put in at my 6 week appt.  I spotted/bled for 4 weeks after insertion, totally normal.  I'm still BFing and haven't had any bleeding since.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"