Baby Names
Options

Is Madison too popular to use now?

i absolutely love the name Madison. but i know it's so super popular these days. i'm a little torn on whether i care about that or not.

just looking for others perspectives.

ps. i don't have any good friends or fam or neighbors w/ this name though either....

Re: Is Madison too popular to use now?

• Options
    It is really popular.  If you love it, though, go for it!  It's a really cute name.
  • Options
    It's very popular as is Madeline resulting in the same Maddy nickname. Also, Addison has exploded as well which obviously sounds nearly the exact same. I'm all about using what you want, but I'm so tired of hearing these names!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it is an adorable name. I have not known any Madison's by the way. Children or adults. So it can't be too popular. It also depends on your region.
  • Options
    I love the name, but it is extremely popular right now.  If an extremely popular name doesn't bother you, then go for it.  Just be prepared for her to go by her first name and last initial in school - there were always at least 3 Jennifer's in my class at any given time (that is my name) so we all had to go by our last initial which could get confusing at times.  I wasn't scarred for life though.
  • Options
    I think Madison's not just popular, but trendy, meaning that it will probably go out of style just as quickly as it's come in style.  It'll be like Jessica, Jennifer, Deborah, or Barbara -- one of those names easily identifiable with a certain decade.  If you are okay with that, it's a cute name.
  • Options

really good point kc. the only problem is, there really is no other name i love as much. there are others i really like, but that is def the name i like the most. i have for such a long time too. so that's what makes it so hard.

• Options
    IMO, anything in the top 100 is too popular, but that's just my particular hang-up.
  • Options

I agree with the ladies-- it is extremely popular right now-- but it does depend on where you live. Also, hate to tell you this b/c I hate when my mom says it, but "just name your kid what YOU want to name it," not based on what others think.

With that being said, I think I personally know 2 or 3 kids named Madison and at the school I work at there was at least 1 Madison in each kindergarten class. Not fun.

• Options
    Yes, it is.  IMO
  • Options
    I really like it too...but because it's so popular, I don't think we'll use it.  I don't know any kids named Madison, but I'm afraid when they get to school there will be 3 other Madison's in their class!
  • Options
    If you like it, use it!
  • Options

I have two Madison's in my 3rd grade class this year. There are three others in the other 3rd grade classrooms.

Based on that, which is just my own personal experience, I feel it's overused.

Though if you don't know any then I would go for it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

it's a cute name...but yes.

• Options
    Very popular! But if you don't know anyone with that name, then go for it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

yes too popular.

Maybe use it for a middle name?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, way popular.  Especially where I'm from...the city of Madison.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It all depends on how popular you want your kid's name to be.
  • Options
    yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"