Washington Babies
Options

Costco prenatal vitamins?

Anyone used them?

My insurance has changed (to a super cruddy plan) and they no longer cover my prenatal vitamins so I'm looking for something really cost effective. 

Also, is it okay that I switch vitamins now? Aren't they all pretty much the same? 

Re: Costco prenatal vitamins?

• Options
    That's what I take... I can't imagine there's any issue in changing either and you should be able to compare the %s to see
  • Options
    I didn't do Costco ones but I did get mine at Target their brand . I compaired them with the other prenatals and they were the same levels of stuff and something like 10.00 for 200 of them.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use them and haven't had any problems. They don't have DHA so I just take that seperately.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    love them!  and I still take them... my Dr said they are a great all around vitamin...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's the only prenatal vitamin I ever took, and recently I started getting constipated. My OB's office sent me home with a 3 month supply of samples, so when I do get pg, I will probably just stock up on samples every month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I take the costco prenatal vitamins and my dr. said they were fine - that's what most of her patients use.
  • Options
    I take the Target brand prenatals.  My doc said any of them are fine and have most of the same ingredients.  I do take supplemental folic acid though.
  • Options
    Top Foods gives away free pre-natals. I don't remember the specifics but it might be worth checking out.
  • Options
    Yes, I have heard that Haggen/Top Foods do free prenatals with a prescription. I haven't tried it though...I can't swallow those giant prenatals so I take an assortment of vitamins with my doctor's okay. :) I would think the Costco ones should be fine, like others said, all the same ingredients.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    I'm currently taking the Costco prenatals, too.  I used to take the Target or RiteAid brands, depending on who had the better price.  The only issue I have with the Costco ones is the coating isn't enough for me.  They break down quickly, so I take them right before bed.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    I took Costco prenatal vitamins when I was pg w/ DS.
  • Options
    I'm taking them right now and my doctor said there is nothing wrong with them.  My sister who is a pharmacist said they are just as good as prescription prenatals, but she also suggested I take a separate folic acid too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"