Working Moms
Options

Lunches for 10m old, what to pack?

If you pack a lunch for your baby, what do you pack? It has been easy at home because I give him a little bit of steamed veggies that are soft, pieces of chicken, left-over dinner that I think is appropriate...not sure how to pack his daycare lunch! Thanks for the help.

Re: Lunches for 10m old, what to pack?

• Options
    Are you doing only finger-foods? At 10 mos my guys were still eating a lot of baby food. I would make pasta stars and little alphabet pasta for them with some "healthy" cream of chicken soup as a sauce. Little pieces of fruit, ec.
  • Options

He eats a lot of finger foods now. He eats a lot of steamed/soft vegetables and shreaded chicken, shreaded cheese, sometimes small pieces of toast. He does still eat baby food. Maybe I will start off by just sending the baby food, yogurt, fruit, and cheerios for a snack.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

At 10 months DS started eating day care's food, are you only looking for cold food to take? there are lots of options if day care can heat up his food. For an easy meal DS eats peas, lima beans, yogurt, fruit and apple sauce.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good idea. I did lots of dairy because, frankly, it is easy to throw a yogurt in.
  • Options

I can't believe that with all that is going on around here (me returning to work, I have an aunt on her death-bed, DS's new helmet is causing him problems, MIL just told us she has to have surgery on her knee..) all I can worry about and think about all day is what I am going to send him to eat! It isn't like he is going to starve there or say,"Hey, I really don't care for this entree!"

Thanks for the ideas!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"