Pregnant after 35
Options

What to wear??

Thank goodness I don't have to be "dressed" until Monday.  I know I took advantage of the prego thing this holiday, but omg my stomach is huge!  It even feels strange.  While thinking about this I started wondering, when do people start buying maternity clothes?
Me:40 DH: 43 m/c #1 4/8/08 @ 5w::natural
m/c #2 missed m/c discovered 12/11/08 @ 8w3d :: d&c 12/15/08
Feb 2009-began seeing an RE:: DX with unexplained IF
Sept 2009 -2010 TTC using femara ...eventually work called me out of town.
June 2011 DX with thyroid cancer-forced to put baby making on hold
11/15/12 IUI #1 BFN and 12/15/12 IUI #2 BFN
Feb 2013 IVF-BFN:: April 2013 FET-Cancelled:: July 2013 FET-1 frostie
Image and video hosting by TinyPic  imageimage  
image image

Re: What to wear??

• Options
    You definately are just bloated at this stage but I know how you feel!! It will go down, I think around 8ish weeks for me. Everyone is different. I felt huge at first! I just bought 3 pairs of maternity jeans today. My jeans are definately way too tight right now!
  • Options
    When to start wearing Mat clothes is different for everyone.  When I was pg with DS, I strted wearing them around 20 weeks.  I thinkI'm going to start showing sooner this time so probably around 16 weeks or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was a  size 16 pre pregnancy so I already had a  small tummy and large hips/butt.  I agree w/ the bloatedness has gone away now at 10 W but my pants are still snug and uncomfy when i sit. I have already bought jeans and 3 pairs of pants but only wore the jeans. The pants w/ the full panel are way too big right now but the small comfort panel fits fine and allows me to breath when i sit.

• Options

regardless if it's bloat or baby - if you don't fit in your clothes or are super uncomfy - I'm all for wearing maternity pants whenever you want! :) Some people are really weird about it and get nasty to girls who wear them in the first tri- i can't quite figure that one out!!

i started almost right away with this pg - b/c the fertility meds i was on made me gain some weight- then the bloat was REALLY bad right away- and nothing fit - and i already had mat. pants from my last pg - so i started to wear them- but with regular shirts.

I just started to wear maternity shirts this past week - b/c I'm growing so fast this time (2nd pg and twins = big belly quickly!)

do what feels right for you -but remember, if you wear maternnity clothes- someone will notice and then you will be "outed" :)

• Options
    I stuck to the tummy sleeve (Motherhood maternity $17) until about 16-18 weeks.  I avoided buying maternity pants, but was SO happy once I finally got into them!!  Also, I wore them with the tummy sleeve until recently, because I was not really big enough to hold them up with just my belly.
    I think it is really personal preference, but I persoanlly wanted to wait since bloat went up and down so much!
    But that tummy sleeve was a miracle for me!
    Good luck :)
    Beth
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    My bloat had been bad since 5 wks and I have only gained 1-2 lbs. I went ahead and bought the tummy sleeve but was still very uncomfortable in my prepreg pants by evening. I found some pants on sale at old navy the next week and have been in them ever since. They are very big, but I don't care b/c I am so much  more comfy than before. I thought about getting alterations done, since they are long on me, but I don't want to be with out them.  They really came in handy with thanksgiving this week.  Don't deny  yourself the comfort the pants bring you.
  • Options
    i don't think i was in maternity clothes until 17 weeks or so last time (first pg) but it will definitely be earlier this time.  i've only gained 2-3 pounds but i feel like i am showing already at 10.5 weeks.  jeans don't fit, but all my other pants still do.  i'm not sure how much longer though.  I'm not disclosing my pg to most of my fam until the 2nd tri so i'm hoping to stay in reg clothes for another few weeks.  i feel like my maternity clothes accentuate my bump.
  • Options

I feel like the bloat is a bit better today, but I did go buy some drawstring pants at Old Navy.  That gives me about four pairs of pants I can wear!  I just can't stand being restricted. 

Me:40 DH: 43 m/c #1 4/8/08 @ 5w::natural
    m/c #2 missed m/c discovered 12/11/08 @ 8w3d :: d&c 12/15/08
    Feb 2009-began seeing an RE:: DX with unexplained IF
    Sept 2009 -2010 TTC using femara ...eventually work called me out of town.
    June 2011 DX with thyroid cancer-forced to put baby making on hold
    11/15/12 IUI #1 BFN and 12/15/12 IUI #2 BFN
    Feb 2013 IVF-BFN:: April 2013 FET-Cancelled:: July 2013 FET-1 frostie
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  imageimage  
    image image
  • Options
    I wore my new maternity jeans this weekend & loved them. It was so nice not to have to wear tight jeans all day. Gotta love the elastic!! :)
  • Options

I'm 14 weeks and after thanksgiving dinner, I decided I'd have enough and moved into my maternity jeans on the weekend. I can still wear normal pants, but only for a short period of time. I feel like I've been undoing my top button since I found out I was PG.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"