Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

When is diaper rash more than just a rash?

I've been fighting a BAD rash on Jason.

Small but BAD.  I'm talking bleeding.

Suprisingly he's not bothered much by it at all but it's not responding to Desitin.

Any chance this is fungal or bacterial at this point?

Any suggestions or remedies you'd like to share?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: When is diaper rash more than just a rash?

• Options
    What does the part that is not bleeding look like?  Bumpy- small or large?  Etc??
  • Options

Not bumpy at all - just small spots where the skin is missing.

GOD that sounds awful.

I can't believe he's not reacting more to it.  It's gotta hurt!

It's isolated to just around his anus - not anywhere on the cheeks or anywhere else.  VERY small area.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

you can rule out yeast infection and heat rash then (like he'd get a heat rash in November.)

I'd call the doctor just to see what they think.  But then again, I call often :)

You're not a first time mom so you are probably not as neurotic as me!

• Options

DD just had a horrible diaper rash about a month ago. Nothing was working. I went and bought Triple Paste. It was a little more pricier then regular creams, but it WORKED like a charm. By the next day it was mostly cleared up. I also put vaseline on top of the cream as well. GL! I hope he feels better soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    try putting neosporian(sp) on it...that was suggested by my pedi and worked for me when DS had a similar issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I called the pedi about a bad diaper rash a while ago, like open wound bad diaper rash. They said it could be a fungal thing and told me to use some sort of antifungal cream. I think we used Lotriman AF. From talking to other moms after, I'm not sure that it was, but it didn't hurt... They also said cool baths with baking soda are good. They said it feels like a burn so hot water is ouch!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD has gotten a couple bad yeast diaper rashes and the only thing that clears them up is 1% hydrocortisone cream (lotrimin), recommended per her pedi. Actually, it started to look like she was getting another one and had a spot that was bleeding after a poop diaper - we put lotrimin on it right away and it went away by that evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"