Birth Stories
Options

Home Births...

Anyone had them? And was it hard telling your family?

My sister had one hospital and one home with a mid-wife (in FL). In upstate NY there is not much of an option.

Re: Home Births...

• Options

no... I'd like to, but my house is too much of a disaster. I just know that I'd fill up that birthing tub and we'd all go crashing into the basement.

I am planning to go to a birth center and I'm already getting some flack from my family, esp. my husband. I am telling as few people as possible because I really don't feel like arguing. If I am getting that much BS about a birth center, then just imagine what you'd have to put up with when you tell them about a home birth.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had a beautiful homebirth. ?My family was nervous at first, but after I flooded them with tons of information and positive stories, they came around. ? My Mom (the biggest worrywart) ended up being there for the birth and was amazed with my MW and the whole experience.

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered what my family thought because it is MY life, MY family, MY body, and MY birth. ?

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It was hard telling his family.  Actually at Thanksgiving dinner at our house, my SIL asked "What hospital are you having the baby?"  And I looked at DH and he said it, "We're not going to a hospital, we're having a homebirth."  My parents already knew and there was a pause and my mom rattled off on how it was safer and she was proud of me, etc. 

Later his parents grilled us about safety, etc. and we were knowledgable, etc.  I was very proud of DH because he stood up for us as a family and explained why we wanted to do this.  Here's from the guy who was 100% against homebirth at first.  Big Smile

• Options
    We had a homebirth. It was hard telling our family. But once we did the research and made up our mind there was nothing that anyone could do to change our mind.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"