Houston Babies
Options

Luca has asthma...

he has been coughing and hacking..  we've been to the doctor twice and were told it's a cold.  Today we went and he was coughing and wheezing...  We are doing 4 breathing treatments a day and all kinds of other crap..  Yipee...  Anyone else have a child with asthma?

Re: Luca has asthma...

• Options

OH NO... I'm so sorry!  No, Joe doesn't have asthma but my niece does and she has to have breathing treatments.  :( 

I hope luca feels better soon.  

• Options

We're still undetermined. ?Orion got sick in September and suffered a severe asthma attack. ?I had to rush him to the pedi because he was struggling to breathe. ?We were doing around the clock breathing treatments and steroids for days. ?The pedi said it's possible he has asthma but they can't say for sure unless it happens again. ?I'm keeping my fingers crossed it was just a nasty virus.

?I hope Luca is feeling better soon.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    poor thing!  i hope he feels a whole lot better soon!
  • Options
    One of the Mom's in my mom's group "apparently" had been told by a few doctors that her DD had asthma too. I don't remember the entire story, but basically she stopped giving her milk and she said that her DD's coughing etc. went away.  She did say that she hasn't cut out dairy completely, just the milk.  I'm not sure how similar your situations are, but I thought I'd share her story, maybe there is something to it.
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options

Poor Luca :(

If you want, I can put you in touch with a friend that is a chiropractor/nutritionist. I am pretty sure he has helped several kids manage asthma through special diet rather than with meds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Did they confirm it was asthma?  Kohen had this last year and we had to give him breathing treatments 4 times a day for about 2 weeks.  It cleared it up and we haven't had an issue since.  My friend with triplets is currently doing the same thing.  They though it was RSV. 

I hope Luca gets to feeling better soon.

• Options
    He was breathing very fast and shallow.  I sure hope this is short term.  I have mild asthma and both of his grandmothers have it..  Given his family history the odds are great..  I will jump for joy if this is short term.  I about died when our co-pay for one medication was $112..  Yes $112 for 2 weeks worth of meds..  It would have been over $600 without insurance..  Stupid pharmaceutical companies :(
  • Options
    Poor little guy.  Hope that he gets to feeling better soon.
  • Options
    imagehoustonkdw:

Did they confirm it was asthma?  Kohen had this last year and we had to give him breathing treatments 4 times a day for about 2 weeks.  It cleared it up and we haven't had an issue since.  My friend with triplets is currently doing the same thing.  They though it was RSV. 

I hope Luca gets to feeling better soon.

My thoughts exactly - we spent $$ amount of money on Sarah last year with trips to the after-hours Dr then later the ER.  They diagnosed her with pneumonia and the beginning stages of asthma. 

Finally, the nurse practitioner tested her specifically for RSV - and that was the answer....

• Options
    Awww...poor little man.  I hope it gets under control soon!
  • Options
    I'm sorry! It's no fun! Travis has asthma and he was diagnosed at 6 months. We do daily inhaler treatments and then have a rescue inhaler when he is really coughing. He is on Singular daily as well. He is currently having a major attack and is on steroids for 6 days. His is really only active during cold and flu season...I didn't give him any meds (even his daily inhaler) from March - October and her was perfectly fine (He was also on a bunch of other meds but I stop because I didn't want my 10 month old on 6 different medicines). It's manageable and just hard through the fall and winter because you aren't sure if it's something else when they start coughing. Good Luck! Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help any way I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"