Breastfeeding
Options

Travel for work?

I'm going back to work next week.  Unfortunately, I don't have much of a freezer stash and am kicking myself for not being more diligent about pumping earlier.  I probably only have enough for about 2 full days worth of milk in the freezer and another half day still in the fridge from the past few days. I'm trying to pump after each feeding, but don't usually get that much (under an ounce up to 2 ounces) unless it's from the first feeding of the day. 

I just got an email from work asking me to travel overnight on Dec. 10th.  I'm thinking I have to just say I can't go, but I'm curious what others do.  My DH can certainly stay with DD, but I'm afraid there isn't enough BM to last while I'm gone and am worried how to fit in pumping sessions that I will both need to keep up my supply and will need to feed DD while she's in daycare since I don't have much of a stash.  I would leave one morning and be back the following afternoon/evening.  Since the trip requires flying, would I be able to bring back any milk that I pumped while gone (assuming I could keep it refrigerated or on ice, of course)?  

TIA!

Re: Travel for work?

• Options

I did several overnight trips when I was bfing, I usually drove which was easy as pie but did fly once.  As long as you have ice packs you should be ok.

I'd maybe introduce formula just in case...but you should be able to cover 1 over night trip. Maybe try to add a pumping session each day between now and then to add to your stash as much as possible. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"