North Carolina Babies
Options

Nana's Bottoms- Black Friday sale

Nana's Bottoms has a 25% off your order discount for Black Friday. You can use it on anything in her store, so I got 3 custom AIO's for $23! Pretty good deal :). I've found that her touchtape AIOs are the absolute best for my mom and DH- very easy to use and we've had great luck with them!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nana's Bottoms- Black Friday sale

• Options

Awesome!  I want to get 3 AIOs from her, sounds like Friday is the day.  Can you use the code now?  Is there a code or is it automatic?

What kind did you get?  I'm trying to decide what materials I want.  I really like the velour liners, so I'll probably stick with those.  But I'm thinking about getting a different soaker.  Mine is sherpa, and I don't love it.

And you like her touch tape?  The one I have is snaps, but our BG's are velcro.  I guess there are pros and cons to both.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love the touchtape- I think snaps are great for babies that take their diapers off, and they probably look nice for longer, but the velcro is just sooo easy, especially when you have a wiggly crying baby on the changing table :).

I got one diaper with suedecloth lining (I have one of those now and really like it) and the other 2 with flannel lining. I haven't tried the flannel, so I'm not sure what I think of it yet, but I really liked some of the patterns she had. The other one that I have now is velour, and I really like that too.

I noticed that she offers hemp soakers, that may help if the sherpa isn't absorbant enough for you!

I went ahead and ordered using the code today- it says you can use it through Friday, and I haven't heard otherwise from her. Also, you're probably smarter than me, lol, but when you pick the number next to the size diaper you want, just pick 1, not 3. I thought I was specifying that I wanted all 3 to be smalls, but I ended up accidentally ordering 3 packages. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the tip!  I would probably do the same thing!

I like suedecloth too, which is what's in our BG's.  I like that it pulls away moisture.  I need to do more research about the different materials.  I know she also has microfleece soakers, which are working fine for us now.  Do all the AIO's have PUL outers?

• Options
    imagemrsmikey:

Thanks for the tip!  I would probably do the same thing!

I like suedecloth too, which is what's in our BG's.  I like that it pulls away moisture.  I need to do more research about the different materials.  I know she also has microfleece soakers, which are working fine for us now.  Do all the AIO's have PUL outers?

Yup! She has lots of PUL colors too. I like suedecloth for the same reason. But I wanted to try the flannel b/c it's so cute, and she's usually in a fitted anyway, and most of her fitteds don't have a stay dry liner like the pockets do. Luckily she isn't prone to rash so it doesn't seem to bother her!

• Options

Hmmm, you guys have got me curious about these Nana's Bottoms!  But I thik DH will kill me if any more diapers arrive in the mail hehe.  I already have a new fitted coming (still looking for the perfect nighttime diaper).

The thing is, I'm starting to hate the applix on my BGs - it's starting to curl which irritates Liam's tummy when he's sitting up.  So I was looking for an affordable AIO with snaps.  Is that enough of an excuse to order 1 (or 3)?  Big Smile

I just need to do a little research on the different kinds of fabric inners she has available.  And also, I'm not sure if touchtape is the same as applix - hers look like the outside is fabric, which would not be irritatig like the BG, which is all velcro-y and rough on the outside.

Decisions decisions!  :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!  I'm definitely going to take advantage of this!  I'm sure DH will even go for this deal.  I may try flannel too, although it's just not as soft as the velour.  Hmmm... decisions, decisions!

• Options
    BTW I'm pretty sure microfleece is stay dry as well.  Our Happy Heiny's had that and kept him nice and dry, and it's very soft! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's one of the reasons I like the NB velcro so much- it is covered in fabric on the outside so even when she's sitting up there's no way for the velcro to touch her skin. Don't get me wrong, I like my snap one too- Maddie just isn't very patient during diaper changes so I like whatever is fastest!

Tell your DH it's too good of a deal to pass up! I did just get an e-mail from Denise saying that it'll be a couple of weeks before she can make the dipes- so maybe they can be a Christmas present!

• Options

The applix on our BG's is rough around the edges too, but it doesn't seem to bother DS.  We have one Nana's Bottom with snaps, and I like it, so I think I'll get these 3 with snaps as well, just so we have a varity.

They really are nice diapers for a great price.  I wish I had known about them sooner.  I need to do more research on her fabrics too.  I've heard she's excellent at answering questions and helping you make your selections, so that's probably the best thing for both of us to do.  I highly recommend getting at least one diaper with a velour inner, you will be amazed at how soft it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"