North Carolina Babies
Options

Please Recommend...

I never knew a baby required so many things!  Have mercy!

I'm still in need of sheets for the crib.  (I only have one set) Could you recommend a brand that you have enjoyed?  Are sheets pretty much one size fits all?

Also, I never knew I needed sheets for the PNP!  Again, could you recommend a brand?

And, what is the best water-proof sheets/blankets/pads...whatever you guys keep mentioning?  Should I place these things wherever the baby lays?  The crib, PNP, cradle, changing table?

Does Babies R Us usually have these things in stock?

Is there a "babies for dummies" book I can buy?

My poor kid...

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please Recommend...

• Options

Don't worry...it will all come together!

Not sure on the sheets -- we just used the ones that came with our set; however, unless you have a circular crib, I believe they're all one size fits all.

I only saw one brand of PNP sheets at BRU -- I just got what they had there.

I didn't use any of these other items that were mentioned --water-proof sheets/blankets/pads.  I'm not sure they're needed.

BRU usually has a lot of sheets and PNP sheets in stock.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think we use Carter's brand sheets- they seemed to be a little bit more substantial than the BRU brand, but I doubt it matters. I think they only have one brand of PNP sheet, and you may have to hunt for them.

We have a waterproof mattress pad on Maddie's crib, plus I use the Ultimate Crib Sheet on top. That way, if I have to take off the UCS in the middle of the night, I dont have to put anything else on until morning to protect the mattress. And actually, she's never leaked at night so it's been pretty useless so far :). I do put a burp cloth under her head b/c sometimes she spits up a few minutes after I lay her down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sheets are pretty straight forward.  They are one size fits most, and you can get whatever brand/style you want.  We have one that came with the bedding set, a couple more regular cotton ones, and one velour sheet that we love!  I'm going to get more of those.  I don't know the brands, but they're probably Carter's or Koala or whatever BRU carries.

Same with pnp sheets, one size fits most.  We like the quilted ones, they are a little thicker and softer.  The regular pnp sheets are super thin and cheap feeling IMO.

We have a waterproof mattress fitted pad in DS' crib.  It's just like a mattress pad you'd put on your bed.  I think it's Carter's.  We have 2.  I didn't have anything like that in his pnp, just a sheet.  If your baby is a spitter, you might find something is necessary wherever baby lays.

Alot of people love the Ultimate Crib Sheet.  We never got one, and luckily we haven't had any issues.  I rarely have to change his sheets.  But it is a great product you should at least take a look at. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"