2nd Trimester
Options

Babys R Us Gender Neutral

We found out yesterday we are having a GIRL!!! We are so exicted, so we went to Baby's R Us to start our registry and I had decided I kind of wanted to go gender neutral on the car seat, stroller, pack n play etc. so we could use again with second child if its a boy.  But I got so frustrated because there really wasn't anything that I thought was gender neutral, unless it was black or grey.  Any one else having this problem?

Is green a boy or or girl color? I found a cute green and brown one.  But I picture putting my baby in a green car seat and people thinking boy, esp for first child. 

If you registered at Baby's R Us and tried gender neutral what did you register for? 

thanks, 

Re: Babys R Us Gender Neutral

• Options

green and yellow are usually thought of as gender neutral.

That's what we went when we registered because we don't find out until the 9th. 

• Options

We're going neutral because we won't find out, but you're smart to keep it neutral if baby #2 is the opposite of 1!

I based all my picks on safety ratings, reviews from parents, and the baby bargains book. FYI the worker told me a lot of their big products change over in the winter : (

Stroller/ infant carseat: Graco Metrolitetravel system in Regal

Convertable carseat: Evenflo triumph advance lx convertable carseat in Hansen (not thrilled with the color but that was the least of my concerns)

Baby Trend Playard in Orange Oak, which was a different color pick for me but now I love it.

evenflo expressions high chair in connor

Bedding: Bunny Meadow

and all other things are yellow and green! Bibs were the hardest to find cheap and neutral.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that green can be either a boy or girl color. Yellow is also considered gender neutral. The only thing I wouldn't do is buy pink or purple. In my opinion even blue could be used for a girl.
  • Options

we picked all our major items to be gender neutral before we knew what we were having because i want them to last for 2 kids. we went with green and chocolate brown for most things, including the nursery. the stroller we got in orange and grey because i <3 orange...so yeah i would think green is neutral.

i think blue, pink and purple are the only real gender specific colors.

• Options

Congrats!

DH and I were planning on doing the same thing. We found a travel system we both liked at BRU that to us was gender neutral. It is beige with cute lions on it. It is an Evenflo called Aura Elite Travel System.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dress her in pink and put a pretty headband on her and no one will think she is a boy. I bought the green and grey travel system from Chicco which i think will work well for a boy or a girl. You could also use pink blankets etc in the stroller/carseat to define it more as a girl.

We had the same thought as you and your Dh we wanted to be able to use things for our next baby incase it was a girl. All major stuff we registered for is neutral, but his bed sheets, clothes, towels, blankets etc...very much blue and green.?

Photobucket
  • Options
    ditto all PP. We decided to keep things neutral before we found out the sex and planned to do mostly green, chocolate brown, khaki, etc. We're not into themes either so I think that made it easier to go neutral. Some of our gear - carseat, stroller, etc. are greys with maybe some green or orange accent colors. I think if you get creative with solid colors in the nursery you can always add details that have other colors or even some gender-specific accessories. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Everything we are doing is gender neutral. Our car seat is the Graco Snugride in ice blue and grey...SIL had a boy 5 months ago and is giving us that so if our baby is a girl she's riding in a blue car seat. :)

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat - Hansen (tan)

Combi Hero 3 in 1 high chair - Wasabi (green)

Graco Bedroom Bassinet - Gramercy (blue and brown)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We haven't registered, but I just wanted to tell you our baby girl's bedding is green and brown! It was supposed to be the boy option, because it also comes in pink/brown, but we just don't like pink, frilly girly stuff! We actually picked out a travel system that's gray and orange - not girly but we really like it and think it will work fine with her and any future kiddos, boys or girls! Just get what you like and don't worry what other people think. If you dress her in girly clothes, I'm sure they'll get the picture! Good luck finding something you like!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

in my book anything but pink is "neutral".  i think a deep plum is nice, and i love orange.  both neutral.  we're waiting to find out, and went with the Alphabet Soup bedding at BRU.  It's bright and fun.  i have totally avoided the responsibility of picking things with safety ratings.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I registered at BRU for the Evenflo Conner series stroller, carrier, and play yard and the Evenflo Triumph carseat. We're having a boy but wanted to keep everything neutral in case we have a girl the next time. I thought they were cute and totally didn't saw boy or girl.
  • Options

We're doing green and browns, we're not finding out the sex.  At BRU we registered for:

Graco Quattro Tour Travel System & swing -(everything in Catalina)

The Catalina is really cute and very neutral, check it out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know I am late on this one....but we are having a girl and going with Graco Wyndham. That way if we have a boy next we can still use it. Its brown and blue but has a flower-ish pattern. I am not sure if it is available at BRU but I know its at Walmart.

Really who cares if they think its a boy when really its a girl...no biggie! Just pick one that you like!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"