Secondary IF
Options

UGH everyone can get pregnant it seems like...

but me!  I know it isn't true but it just seems that way.  I used to be on a message board, Moms Corner, a lot.   About 6 mos ago they started a TTC/Pregnant board... I still do the weekly check ins and EVERYONE it feels like just gets pregnant in the week of an eye.  It is the same IRL as well.  I know I know I am not alone but it can still be tough.
Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg

Re: UGH everyone can get pregnant it seems like...

• Options
    I hear ya! All my friends are the ones who got pregnant on the first try, or oops we werent even trying! It can be hard to deal with. I love the one friend who told me she was having secondary IF because she got pregnant the first month trying with DD, and the second took 3 months. But unfortunetly this is the way it has to be with us. When we were trying for DS I was bitter, now I just try to stay as positive as possible and just know this is my reality. Do know you are not alone! I wish you all the best. How are things going with the new RE? Did you do IUI this cycle?
  • Options

We wish we could just "decide" to have another baby....so many of our friends just seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat.  When people say "I want to wait a couple of years before we have another", I smile....and secretly think to myself - I wish we could make that choice.  Not only do we have the difficulty of getting pregnant without IVF, but we have the financial burden of the IVF (not to mention I'm going to be 36).

I'm very jealous of those who have it easy.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMr.&MrsS:
    How are things going with the new RE? Did you do IUI this cycle?

We can't afford IUI at this time and it would be OOP.  Heaven help us if we don't get pregnant doing what we are doing.  Insurance covers very little.

But I did have good news!  I did indeed ovulate this cycle according to my monitoring.  So now it is 2 ww for me.  2 ww #7 that is... I dunno it is hard to get my hopes up... lately I've been really in the dumps about the whole TTC thing.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

Mr&MrsS- your constant positive thinking brings my spirits up! I am trying so hard not to get bitter again so that I don't ruin my happiness with DS! Thanks for that!

CinNJ- OMG, I know exactly what you mean about wishing you had a choice in the matter. Here I am trying for #2 keeping it a secret because I know our friends and family might think I am crazy since DS is only 7 months old and we did have to take a huge financial cut in the process. They don't get it.

Francisca- I hope all goes well in your 2WW!

• Options

francicsa- Good luck in the 2ww! I really hope to see a BFP post soon.

GM&DG- I try to stay positive...but I am only on cycle 2 this time, I hope I dont descend back to my bitter self if I am still at this in 5 months! It gets hard waking up at 4:45am every day for blood work and ultrasounds and doing daily shots, but I try to tell myself that this is how it has to be for me, and DS was totally worth it...so this time will be worth it too!!

• Options

I go to Mom's Corner too, and I feel the same way.  I think there are probably lots of us who aren't posting, but feel like that, if it makes you feel better! :)

I just remind myself there are probably lots of people IRL who are also struggling to get pregnant.  You just don't hear about them as much. 

• Options

It seems like everywhere I turn around I see pg women.  On tv too!!!  I was at the store the other day and my daughter picked up a book, wanna guess what the title was???

"I'm going to be a big sister"  If only that were true.  It made me sad. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"