Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

DS keeps banging head on crib bars, waking up...

So, we've got a little sleep issue with DS.  We had to remove the bumpers from his crib because he always ended up right against them every night, basically licking them.  Now, he ends up right against the bars.  He sort of thrashes his head from side to side when he sleeps, so he's now hitting his head on the crib bars and waking himself up several times a night.

Any solutions?  I'm scared to put the bumpers back in because they're a SIDS risk for him.  But, I don't want the poor guy banging his head all night, either. 

Re: DS keeps banging head on crib bars, waking up...

• Options
    I have no solutions as I left the bumpers in.  My doc said it should be fine as there is no SIDS history in my or DH's families and he bangs so hard he bruises his head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    No answer here, we use the breathable bumper, but I don't think it provides enough of a cushion for a head banger. I just wanted to chime in say your kids' costumes are the best.costumes.ever. I am laughing looking at your little Yoda!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

what about the breathable bumpers? 

I've thought about them for DS but he's started pulling himself up to stand already, so they're out for us.

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageclayswife:

I've thought about them for DS but he's started pulling himself up to stand already, so they're out for us.

the breathable bumpers do not offer enough padding for the true head banger.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Remembering Christopher
  • Options
    imageAmrice78:
    imageclayswife:

the breathable bumpers do not offer enough padding for the true head banger.

aahhh, I see... good to know ;)

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options
    My DD does this to some degree, too.  I'm not brave enough to put the bumpers back in, I just know that she always rolls - moves - to the right, so I try to back her all the way up to the left side, to give her lots of space to scoot/roll right - and hope she doesn't end up running out of space and bonking her head. 
  • Options
    FWIW - I usually move him away from the bumper after he falls asleep - once he's really asleep he stops moving around for the most part.
  • Options
    DD is a true head banger!  She woke up screaming at night and would be scooting and hitting her head.  We bought the breathable bumpers and they have definitely helped
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"