TTC after 35
Options

Potluck Q

I have to bring a dish to the office potluck next month, and have absolutely no clue what to make. ?Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Potluck Q

• Options

First decide if you want to make/bring a warm dish?or something that can be heated in a microwave (assuming you have one)?or a cold dish. The last time I had an office pot luck, I made dessert. Brownies.

But if I were going to do one now, I'd bring a pasta salad or another cold entree. Maybe that would work?

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I find that a cold dish always works best for me. Then I don't have to fight for oven or microwave space. Some sort of salad is a good option.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Salami rolls with cream cheese is always a good option.......

Also, someone on my local board posted a recipe last week for a chocolate chip cheese ball (served with graham crackers) that sounded SO good.....I can give you the recipe if you want it!

Do you need to bring anything specific, like an appetizer, a side dish, or a dessert?

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

So far, people have signed up to bring Swedish meatballs and desserts. ?I think a main dishes or salad/side would probably be most needed. ?I don't have access to an oven at work, but we do have a microwave.

The choc. chip cheese ball sounds terribly nummy though, if you wouldn't mind passing on the?recipe!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Tater Tot Casserole......Totally yummy and easy to make.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

I always do something like 7 layer dip and chips.  My sister told me to mix the beans with taco dip for more flavor.  Then I just layer on black olives, sour cream, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, guacamole and I cut up fresh scallions.  Then I give them the scoopable chips. 

If I'm doing anything warm, has to be a crock pot recipe just for ease.  I've seen people do swedish meatballs like that.

• Options

Here you go!!!

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 pkg. 8oz. cream cheese
    1/2 cup butter
    1/4 tsp. vanilla
    2 Tbs. brown sugar
    3/4 cup confectioners sugar
    3/4 cup mini chocolate chips                                                         Graham crackers

Beat softened cream cheese, butter, & vanilla until creamy. Slowly add sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with graham crackers.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"